Decimal Upsets

Started by Nevol, May 10, 2014, 08:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JeffH

Certainly looks the goods. When I first heard about that one I added 2006 to my noodling special check list and must have looked at several thousand by now. I live in hope, but not high expectations, as another one does not ever seem to have been reported.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

r9453

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='93907' dateline='1470688873'I live in hope, but not high expectations, as another one does not ever seem to have been reported.

A second coin was claimed in the Facebook thread where I first saw this coin.
Two Bob coin collector.

Peejay

Yes there was another claim of finding one but somehow it was lost or spent by his daughter. My feeling is that it could be the same coin just found years later. I believe it to be a mint sport coin also.

Goldseeker

Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


trout

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='94039' dateline='1470795647'"Mint sport coin"?

This is the term used for "Error" coins deliberately produced by the workers at a Mint.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

ausjack

Yes the 2007 double headed 5 cent is another good example of "mint sport" :dash1:

I seen your coin on FB PJ and didn't know what to make of it but now your a member here :winkextra:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Peejay

[attachment=3541]Just found this upset 2014 20 cent. Anyone seen one before?

[attachment=3542]Other side

JeffH

That's a new one for me. I will add it to my noodling 'must check' list. Hint to Nancy....maybe your list needs updating here.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

ausjack

A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

markn

Founder: Australian Coin Forum
The Australian Coin Collecting Blog

robbiegal

maybe that should also be in the "20c Known Upsets" thread?
looks nice PJ

Peejay

Thanks Guys, I've noticed on other members posts the photos are nice and big and mine are very small. Am I doing something wrong when uploading them?

ausjack

I use a site called tinypic's to post photo's but there's heaps of info in the Testing and How-To section.
https://www.australian-coins.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Nevol

This image is of Hercules recently found 1996 Parkes upset coin.  

Hercules $1 Parkes Rotated 336°   

A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Nevol

Here are the images I received from Nick:

Aust 10 1966 NickR Upset C1

Aust 10 1966 NickR Upset C2
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)