Decimal Upsets

Started by Nevol, May 10, 2014, 08:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ozcoins

Are you able to sumarise for those that don't use Facebook?

trout

The only way to image something like this would be to do the "Mirror Shot" :ok:
Anyway it is on Facelick AND ePay so it HAS to be Kosher :angel::laugh2:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

r9453

The images that I posted above were on facebook. Someone commented that it was not the same coin as the one in the Ebay listing and the OP did not refute this. The general consensus was that it was a good thing that there were two of these rather than only one. The OP received her coin from a cousin who found it in Canberra and consigned it via registered mail. Everyone agreed that she was indeed a lucky girl.
Two Bob coin collector.

trout

If the coin is genuine then Good on them for finding it :good:
However the $2,500 price tag for this is somewhat "Ambitious" I think.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Ozcoins

Thanks r9423.
It would be great if someone trusted was able to verify this was real or not.

Goldseeker

Quote from: 'Ozcoins' pid='93637' dateline='1470116978'Thanks r9423.
It would be great if someone trusted was able to verify this was real or not.

I have just sent the seller a request to view the item before I make an offer or bid.

Lets see if I get a reply.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Goldseeker

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='93644' dateline='1470124488'
Quote from: 'Ozcoins' pid='93637' dateline='1470116978'Thanks r9423.
It would be great if someone trusted was able to verify this was real or not.

I have just sent the seller a request to view the item before I make an offer or bid.

Lets see if I get a reply.

I have the sellers reply:

"Yes that is possible. I live in Berwick. I have had the coin viewed by a few professionals prior to listing just to make sure it is a genuine coin. Feel free to call me xxxxxxxxxxx Thanks Peter"


If you still want certification that it is a real coin, let me know.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


trout

If it isn't that far to travel it would be worth going just to have a look as this, If genuine it's quite unusual and would be worth the trip just to see it :)
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Ozcoins

Thanks Goldy!
That is a lovely offer,  however,  as I am not in a position to buy the coin,  I think I would be wasting your (and the sellers) time.

robbiegal

$200-$300 tops
not $ 2,500

not a high grade unc
i might be wrong
but i might be right

Goldseeker

I am in comms with the seller.

He has said that I can view the coin is required,

He has taken it into Universal Coins in Melbourne and after due examination have stated that they can't see anything wrong with the coin.

I spoke with the seller last night by phone and I got the impression that he is a genuine honest gent and I take him on face value as being genuine.

I am still thinking about making arrangements to see the coin in my hands.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


robbiegal

you go Goldie!!

fill u sin on the gos after you view the little treasure

Goldseeker

Huh, I have lost contact with the gent.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


robbiegal


runway

Buy what gives you enjoyment