Decimal Upsets

Started by Nevol, May 10, 2014, 08:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

runway

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='93753' dateline='1470393668'it's still on ebay
Yes it is
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172286637933
:idea::dodgy:
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Peejay

Hi all, this is my first post here. I am the owner of the upset 50 cent coin. I am more than happy for anyone to look at it. I don't want anyone to doubt that the coin is not genuine.

Robster

Welcome, indeed a great find. :ok:
\"Everything in moderation, including moderation\".

Fr45h3R

Welcome.

Pretty cool coin. Good luck with the sale.

Unicorn

Quote from: 'Peejay' pid='93775' dateline='1470455857'Hi all, this is my first post here. I am the owner of the upset 50 cent coin. I am more than happy for anyone to look at it. I don't want anyone to doubt that the coin is not genuine.

Welcome to the forum PJ.

It certainly has sparked some interest that such an error has remained undetected previously in the past 10 years with the large number of people here who noodle coins regularly.

Going back to one of my earlier posts (where I was more than happy to be proven wrong) the seems to be two different reverses shown in the ebay photos, just wondering about your thoughts in that regard.

If it proves to be a true and correct error then you are certainly holding a coin with an existence of "rocking horse sh&t" rare!!!

Would love to see some more pics if you can post them here, also perhaps the mirror photo test suggested by Trout (where both sides can be seen in the one image) that would be excellent!!!

Thanks for joining the forum, I hope you can share the great error with us in more detail.

Goldseeker

Welcome peejay, I am glad you made it.   If the coin fails to sell, I am still interested in seeing it in person.   I might even make an offer for it at the same time.   Can you contact me again via email.   (Hopefully you still have it as I have somehow lost yours)).
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Peejay

Thanks for the welcome guys. I will get some more photo's with a mirror and post them soon. Just need to work out how to to post them here.

Peejay

[attachment=3536]Here is a mirror shot

trout

That's the money shot :good:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Unicorn

Excellent PJ, thanks for going to the effort to take the photo and post it for us.

It certainly is in the "rocking horse ...." category that's for sure.

JeffH

Yes, definitely as scarce as rocking horse wheels. I am still inclined to the theory that it is a mint sport. But that doesn't matter -it is what it is.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Unicorn

:laugh2: ..... wheels ...... that's the word I was after!!! :angel:

JeffH

Happy to help.
I did not know that exact expression but was able to work it out; maybe because I had previously heard one similar -'as scarce as hens fur'!
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Goldseeker

Or "as scarce as a kangaroo's feather" or "an honest cop".......!
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


robbiegal