Decimal Upsets

Started by Nevol, May 10, 2014, 08:19:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nevol

I decided to start this thread in an attempt to keep all the available info on Decimal Upsets in one place, so I've just updated my list of known Decimal Upsets.
----------------------
$2 1995 (Unconfirmed)
$2 1988 Elder Confirmed by image posted by Unicorn, P3 of this thread 
---------------------------------
$1 1985 MoR (Steveqld)
$1 1996 Parkes @ 320° Confirmed Nancy
$1 1996 Parkes @ 330° Confirmed Bruce
$1 1996 Parkes @ 340° Confirmed Bruce
$1 1996 Parkes @ 336° Confirmed Hercules (Image below)
$1 1999 IYoOP @ Various (Confirmed Kel))
$1 2001 COF Various degrees
$1 2002 Outback @ 30°
$1 2005 MoR @ approx 23° Confirmed (Unicorn's Image)
$1 2006 MoR @ 16° Confirmed (Unicorn's Image)
---------------------------------
50c 2010  @ 30°
50c 2006 @ 180° (Ebay)
---------------------------------
20¢ 2000 @ 30°
20c 2000 10-12°
20c 2000 10-12°
20¢ 2001 Various degrees
20c 2001 CoF SA approx 20° gnome 18 Jul 2017
20c 2001 almost 180°
20¢ 2004 10-12°
20c 2006 10-12°
20c 2006 310° Ebay
20c 2013 10-12°
20c 2014 320° PJ
---------------------------------
10¢ 1966 Various degrees - under 45° or over 315°.
---------------------------------
5c 1996 @ 270° Confirmed by Emu666
---------------------------------
2¢ 1966  @ 330°
2c 1968 @ 10 o'clock Confirmed by Emu666
2c 1982 @ 10 o'clock Confirmed by Emu666
---------------------------------
1c 1968 (Unconfirmed)
----------------------

I will be able to post some images, but I don't have examples of all the ones on my list, so please feel free to post images of any/all that you do have. :winkextra:

If you have examples of or know of any Decimal Upsets that aren't on my list, please tell us about them as well.  I will update the list with any new ones advised.

I've changed the degree on some of the 20c to 10-12°, due to my not being 100% certain that I'm getting the obv in exactly the correct upright position.  

List updated with new info 11 Aug 2014 - 16:54
List updated with new info 25 Aug 2016 - 20:52
List updated with new info 26 Feb 2018
List updated with new info 26 Jan 2020
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Goldseeker

Hmm, more than what I thought in regards to the $1 upsets.

I shall have to look more.

Thanks for the list Nevol.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


purplepennyhunter

I need to look a bit more closely. Thanks Nancy.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

emu666

5c 1966 London (I have seen 9 o'clock; there may be others)

2c 1968 10 c'clock
2c 1982 10 o'clock


Your 1966 10c are of course London.

I recall 2 different angles for 1996 Parkes dollar.

Unicorn

Here's a pic of a 2005 (left) next to a standard 2010 (right) for comparison. (I haven't measured the upset yet).

I'll post a pic of a 2006 as soon as I can.




Robster

Recycling at its best.!! (2x2's).!!  :good:
\"Everything in moderation, including moderation\".

Unicorn

:laugh2: .... yeah, a bit ordinary but do the job. (Odd looking florins aren't they :angel: normally they just have the one roo).

Here's the 2006 scanned next to the 2005 from above. (To see which is greater / lesser).

There doesn't seem to be too much difference in the degree of rotation.

Will muck around later and try to get the actual degree for both.




Nevol

Quote from: 'emu666' pid='48697' dateline='1399684037'5c 1966 London (I have seen 9 o'clock; there may be others):
2c 1968 10 c'clock
2c 1982 10 o'clock
Excellent stuff!

QuoteYour 1966 10c are of course London.
Spot on!

QuoteI recall 2 different angles for 1996 Parkes dollar.
I have one that's about 330° Rotated and I think I bought another one in the last year or so, but can't find where I put it. :dontknow:

Most of the images I have are scans, so I want to re-do them all using my scope.  Might take me a while as I'm being a bit lazy at present.
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

ausjack

I think Jeff might have sold an upset parks recently, getting a good list going there Nevol, thanks mate :good:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

JeffH

No, not me. Was it Unicorn? I can recall someone mentioning find one.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

ausjack

Ah sorry Jeff yeah I think it was Uni now, memory like a sieve mate :winkextra:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Goldseeker

I have found several of the Parkes upset but they are getting harder to find now.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Nevol

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='48802' dateline='1399766544'I have found several of the Parkes upset but they are getting harder to find now.
Are they all upset to the same degree?
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Goldseeker

Pretty well to the same degree of upset.   In saying that, there are two lots of upsets, one not so rotated as the other.   But both show the Queen leaning backwards.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Unicorn

Found the thread where Goldie describes the two Parkes offsets.

Two Parkes