Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - kanjoe07

#1
Quote from: 'gweidion' pid='123594' dateline='1603022383'Anyone seen a Donation Dollar in change yet? I certainly haven't. Or a QANTAS dollar or a MoR dollar as far as I can recall.

I managed to pick up a 100 of them from an ANZ branch in Perth. I've been putting them into circulation through the family business and only kept one coin for myself.
#2
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $50 banknote
October 18, 2018, 04:56:51 PM
If anyone in Perth would have a lead on which bank and branch I could obtain some new $50s, that'd be great. I tried 8 branches today and have given up.
#3
I also got a 2017 50c coin in my change today!
#4
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 14, 2016, 01:00:05 PM
Supposedly the RBA printed the old fiver as well in 2015
http://banknotenews.com/files/e9a52ffba205c712ad6fd408e15b8148-4021.php
#5
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 13, 2016, 09:16:24 AM
I've distributed $780 worth of new fivers into circulation so far and plan to do at least another $500-1000 more in the next fortnight. Just need to get them out there, I'm lucky my local branch has plenty in stock.
#6
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 06, 2016, 04:19:33 PM
Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='97122' dateline='1473141870'i suspect a lot of shops may very well be suspicious of them!!

i grabbed a couple of the information flyers about them as well when i got my $50 worth
got them in an envelope - don't really know what to do with them

your students know that they are money for sure!

It seems the shops in Perth I've been to so far have been quite aware of the new notes and there's always been some excitement or hilarity at the time of transaction. It's probably because nothing much exciting happens here haha.

I spent a lesson teaching them about the history of Australia's currency and they've been into it all for the last couple of months, especially chasing the Olympic $2 coins. I hope they carry that interest forward.
#7
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 06, 2016, 03:19:21 PM
I set up a banknote exchange at the school I teach today. Started with 100 new fivers and I'm down to the last six with some students exchanging up to $20 worth and spending it at canteen or the local shops. Good to see them spreading quickly.
#8
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 05, 2016, 03:24:22 PM
Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='96799' dateline='1472874791'
Quote from: 'kanjoe07' pid='96777' dateline='1472868515'I teach Business Management and Economics

Awesome! Where at? Capital city, obviously, but which? :)

A boys' school in Perth's Western Suburbs
#9
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 03, 2016, 11:38:35 AM
I teach Business Management and Economics to Year 10s and 11s at the school I work at. I've managed to get them interested in coin and note collecting with all the hype of the fiver and the Olympic coins. They've become that interested, I'm organising a banknote swap for the kids next week. I hope we get a new breed of collectors from this!
#10
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 02, 2016, 05:14:21 PM
Went to see my favourite bank teller in all of Perth and she delivered!

#11
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 01, 2016, 04:23:26 PM
Quote from: 'Enlilninlil' pid='96464' dateline='1472700512'I went to three post offices and they didn't know what the hell they were. Seems like they will not be selling any.

I went to the Post Office as well, showing them the actual listing from the AusPost website. They had no idea too.
#12
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 01, 2016, 11:56:45 AM
Quote from: 'trout' pid='96454' dateline='1472692775'Are these folders sealed so that nobody can see the actual notes to determine the prefix or serial number until the seal is broken??

I wouldn't think they'd be completely sealed. Most banknote folders have a little opening for taking the note out. I'm about to check my post office if they have the folders available.
#13
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
September 01, 2016, 09:32:00 AM
Australia Post website has already sold out of the two-note sets...
#14
Found 3 standard 2016 50c pieces in the last week in Perth. Tempted to open up the bags I got from the RAM and release the Changeover 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c and $1 into circulation so everyone can finally enjoy...
#15
Australian Banknotes / RE: New $5 note
August 29, 2016, 04:38:12 PM
Australia Post are now advertising the banknote folders.