New $50 banknote

Started by kchan1111, February 16, 2018, 06:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

kchan1111

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='117088' dateline='1539775195'
Quote from: 'jens coins' pid='116679' dateline='1536405887'Also on ebay:

$94.95
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FIRST-PREFIX-PRESALE-2018-50-note-New-Generation-AA18/283148044398?hash=item41ecf0486e:g:tHUAAOSwYelbkz16

Looks like the last prefix is DA18.

I think that's a mistake. My analysis of the pictures I saw back in February show that the first sheet will run from AA to EA, the second sheet from EB to IB and the third sheet (if printed) from IC to MC. Hence, the last prefix must be EA, IB or MC, depending on how many sheets are printed for each serial number. In order to replace all the $50 notes that are currently in circulation, they would need to print one and a half sheets, so I think IB will be the last prefix. :ok:

Mine from RBA are AH and AG. Expensive to hunt down the first and last prefixes with the $50.

kanjoe07

If anyone in Perth would have a lead on which bank and branch I could obtain some new $50s, that'd be great. I tried 8 branches today and have given up.
\"It\'s like you want us to make fun of you\" - Barney Stinson on Canadian money

kchan1111

Quote from: 'kanjoe07' pid='117101' dateline='1539844011'If anyone in Perth would have a lead on which bank and branch I could obtain some new $50s, that'd be great. I tried 8 branches today and have given up.

RBA doesn't have a branch in Perth?

Hercules

Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='117104' dateline='1539844892'
Quote from: 'kanjoe07' pid='117101' dateline='1539844011'If anyone in Perth would have a lead on which bank and branch I could obtain some new $50s, that'd be great. I tried 8 branches today and have given up.

RBA doesn't have a branch in Perth?

Hell, no. Only in Sydney. My advice would be to try Westpac, because they were the ones distributing the new $5 and $10 notes. The other banks only seem to get them second-hand.

Triggersmob

Quote from: 'kanjoe07' pid='117101' dateline='1539844011'If anyone in Perth would have a lead on which bank and branch I could obtain some new $50s, that'd be great. I tried 8 branches today and have given up.

The notes will be everywhere soon enough. Be patient Grasshopper. :)

Steve :)
Steve

OFEC count = 258

seedyrom

How does the RBA work?
They have a frontage that you just walk up to?
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

kchan1111

Quote from: 'seedyrom' pid='117108' dateline='1539855715'How does the RBA work?
They have a frontage that you just walk up to?

Yes in Sydney Martin Place. They have human bank tellers that you can ask for new notes. They will also take EFTPOS.

Mister T

I went to a Westpac branch today and asked for some - the teller didn't ask if I was a customer (I got asked for the new $10 notes last year though), just said she'd need to disarm the safe which would take a couple of minutes.
I went to the ATM to get a few to swap and they were nice new ones anyway (I remember getting new $5 notes from Westpac ATMs very early, but not the new $10 notes) so I kept them and told the teller not worry about the safe.

runway

Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='117097' dateline='1539829452'
Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='117088' dateline='1539775195'
Quote from: 'jens coins' pid='116679' dateline='1536405887'Also on ebay:

$94.95
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FIRST-PREFIX-PRESALE-2018-50-note-New-Generation-AA18/283148044398?hash=item41ecf0486e:g:tHUAAOSwYelbkz16

Looks like the last prefix is DA18.

I think that's a mistake. My analysis of the pictures I saw back in February show that the first sheet will run from AA to EA, the second sheet from EB to IB and the third sheet (if printed) from IC to MC. Hence, the last prefix must be EA, IB or MC, depending on how many sheets are printed for each serial number. In order to replace all the $50 notes that are currently in circulation, they would need to print one and a half sheets, so I think IB will be the last prefix. :ok:

Mine from RBA are AH and AG. Expensive to hunt down the first and last prefixes with the $50.
Funny ... Eureka Coins says Item specifics

Era:
2000s
Region of Origin:
Australia
Set:
Yes
Face Value:
100
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Triggersmob

The new $50 notes are starting to circulate here in Perth.
Seen 2 in the banking this week.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

kchan1111

Is this serial number worth keeping:

CG18 1031301

JeffH

Yes, a seven digit radar! :shout:
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Hercules

I just picked up my first set of the new $50 note today. No prizes for guessing which bank I got them from.

kchan1111

Any news on if they are going to do a second sheet? i.e. EA will be the last prefix or not?

runway

Reserve Bank only allows $500 transactions now
Buy what gives you enjoyment