2015 Red $2 coin

Started by MattGold, April 15, 2015, 09:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JeffH

My post did not work properly. I will try again.
From Australia Post Terms and Conditions
"62 Prohibited goods...
62.1.11 bank notes
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

kiwiaus

So under 200 is OK... Have I read that correctly  ???? Thanks for that Jeff.   :)

JeffH

From Australia Post general terms and Conditions
"62 Prohibited goods...
62.1.11 bank notes lodged for delivery within Australia which exceed a face value of more than $A200.  For the avoidance of doubt, bank notes up to a limit not exceeding the face value of $A200, lodged for delivery within Australia, are not prohibited from carriage if lodged under the registered post service or under a parcel delivery service  which requires a signature on delivery;
....
62.1.13 coins lodged for delivery within Australia which exceed a face value of more than $A200.  For the avoidance of doubt, coins up to a limit not exceeding the face value of $A200, lodged for delivery within Australia, are not prohibited from carriage if lodged under the registered post service or under a parcel delivery service which requires a signature on delivery."
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

ausjack

I did all that and it was $100 and still got ripped off and knocked back and told it's prohibited and found out from all parties that the terms and conditions isn't worth the paper it's written on as they just change the rules as they see fit so what's the point :dash1:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Goldseeker

Surely, if one has paid through Paypal, all is guaranteed, is it not?

I received my packet of 2015 Red $2 coins the other day and it was tightly packed, it took me literally and hour to undo all the bubble wrap, masking tape and anything else.   Got through OK in a simple padded bag under registered mail.

The discussion of whether coins/banknotes/currency can be sent through Australia Post has been discussed many times before.

Maybe we should draft a letter to AustPost and ask them for a absolute policy in regards to the safe passage of currency from seller to buyer.

The only other thing I can think of is by road freight something?

I trust you get your problem sorted out soon as we are all in the same boat with this.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


JeffH

Australia Post seems to have a "do what I say, not what I do" attitude to this issue. They sell coins, mail order, on line and, of course, post them.
A 'hypothetical' to ponder;
•I buy a six coin proof set from the AP on line shop. $125 cost, $3.85 face value.
•They post them to me and they go missing.
•I put in a claim against Australia Post.
What are they going to reimburse me? (Possible issue here for referral to the Postal Industry Ombudsman.)
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

ausjack

Yes we have discussed this before and I made all the same point and bought these points/issues up with fair trading, postal ombudsman, accc and my local member and was told fair trade can't help as there's a postal ombudsman, ombudsman said can't help as not a branch issue, local member suggested I send via courier and get insurance and I said I'm on DSP so that's no good as I couldn't afford that, and I made all the points that AU post buy and sell and so does the mint and how do all the dealers and people on ebay do and no one wanted to answer anything as it doesn't concern them and have no interest in finding out or helping, oh and accc didn't want to know as we have a postal ombudsman that are totally useless so it really makes me wonder why we have an authorities or local members :(  

But they will reimburse the $3 for the cost of registration :dash1:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Unicorn

AJ .... I wonder when they all "pass the buck" .... is it done registered? (Actually, thinking about it, it probably just gets lost as it doesn't seem to stop anywhere).

kiwiaus

It stinks. now this morning I get 2 emails at 7.30 AM within seconds of each other. One saying parcel is out for delivery and the next reads Your parcel has been delivered. Are they some special kind of STUPID ????????????? Hopes are up its on its way, but really why do that to me ...............:(

ausjack

:laugh2: yes a few good points there Uni :dash1:

That's just typical of AU post, leaving things that are meant to be signed for and all sorts of things..it's just not cricket :( But hope they get to you today kiwi :)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

kiwiaus

YAY I got em :)  ... So now these expensive things can get stored. :( :( Unless I sell them on evilbay as rare aus. post lost coins......

Pedro

Excellent result kiwiaus!

Pedro

Cougar

Great result KiwiAus, glad all went your way in the end.

ausjack

Well done KA :good: now give them to me and no one has to get hurt :D
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Goldseeker

Best part about it, you received the coins.

Well done.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia