2015 Red $2 coin

Started by MattGold, April 15, 2015, 09:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

serial

yes there are 2 distinct issues here.
1. that prices is dictated by supply and demand
2. that people get upset when someone wants to make some money by working

that's what selling these coins is, work and the fact that some people are upset that people are making some money from it need to think how they would feel if they went to work and the boss complained that they have to pay them.
Now I will agree that something smells about the distributing of these coins as I have many contacts within the banking system (who I have got to know over time being someone who is obsessed with noodling) and they are all confused as to why they haven't even seen a single coins yet. This make me think that not only is someone getting supply outside of normal channels but that they are intentionally restricting normal supply as well thus creating a false economy.
This I think will end with RAM looking at some large supply contracts closely soon as the intention of these coins (to promote Anzac to the masses) has been lost and I think certain people will lose jobs or get reprimanded over there efforts to make a quick buck.
Or perhaps this is good for collecting as a new generation learns of how people made some much money on this coin and start collecting themselves in the hope of being on the ground floor next time. Never underestimate the power of money to get people involved in something

stevo1962

If you are in Sydney the banks still have the bags available as I know someone who picked
up another 200 bags yesterday and she says her bottom sell price is $160 per bag
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

Fulvio

Be aware hat only 750,000 red $2 have been released so far. There are still 750,000 more to come.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

kiwiaus

So over these, My $220 bag has decided to go missing from Aust. post, I have put in a query also seller has as per aust. post. Padded bag, tracking number , sign on delivery...... Gone :( :( :( Seller said before payment insured for 200, so will see what happens.... NOT Happy :(

Cougar

ouch!! sorry to hear that KiwiAus. Lets hope it surfaces soon. Did you pay via Paypal at all? you may have some joy there.

ausjack

Yes I hope they turn up for you :(
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

kiwiaus

Thanks,  Unfortunately Paid via bank deposit. :(  Sellers OK he sent me a pic. of the parcel with tracking number, paid postage label etc.  I question how he came up with : It's insured for $200 ''.  Will see what happens. :(

robbiegal

I always buy extra insurance for items over $100
it is on the receipt that aussie post give you

kiwiaus

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='72193' dateline='1431416389'I always buy extra insurance for items over $100
it is on the receipt that aussie post give you
Ah OK will ask him to take pic. of it.. Cheers  :)

ausjack

Auspost says on their registration form that the goods have an insurance value of $200 if lost but you can't tell them it's coin or bank notes as it's prohibited to send them via post..yeah it's a joke :(
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

JeffH

Aust. Post will cover coins and banknotes to value of $200 with their "extra cover" or registered post -in fact, they say it is illegal to send them through the post without this cover.
I have never been able to determine if this refers to face value or market value.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

ausjack

I don't know if I'd like to put that to the test Jeff as I was told they won't cover coins, bank notes or bullion and don't think you'll get any help from the postal ombudsman, fair trading, accc or even your local member..it really is a joke that there's no authorities that can help when we have problems with post :(
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

kiwiaus

Cheers, So I was honest with lost parcel inquiry and said it was coins... :(  But Seller assured me,, as I stated before I paid that They be registered / Insured etc. etc. I just read the same thing on the Aust. Post sight about sending money. His words were the post office will not send ( the bag of coins ) registered, but they can be insured for $200, So I am still waiting on him for pic. of his receipt / proof of Insurance.... If they go on face value I'm toast as I think I am all ready  :( :( :(  Had 6, 7, $800 + items sent through the post with no trouble why now :(

On a happier note I got another 5 rolls of the NZ Anzac. 50c sent via NZ Post no dramas arrive today  :P

ausjack

It's all a very grey area so hope you don't have any trouble or you could end up like me a few months ago where they told me to go :whistle2: after they lost some bank notes I sent and I was honest about what I'd sent but don't think I will be next time :dodgy:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

kiwiaus

Your right tell them nothing, I will remember that.....