2015 Red $2 coin

Started by MattGold, April 15, 2015, 09:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Goldseeker

Here is a link to the coin concerned from the Downies website:

http://www.downies.com/Royal-Australian-Mint/42/catmenu.aspx
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


runway

Nothing there on Downies site
Buy what gives you enjoyment

stevo1962

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='71988' dateline='1430998812'The coin last time is looked was "out of stock" so maybe it has been removed totally from the site.

However, I have ordered two and I now have a bag of them, I may be able to get the ordered two and pass them on to anyone who wants them.

Have not made my mind up yet.

Goldie I think you are getting the red $1 and $2 mixed up as the $1 didn't come in bags and was only sold as a single coin because of the low mintage (13500)
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know


Australian coin

hmm that is getting close to my budget, but a newbie seller, might make an offer

stevo1962

Quote from: 'Australian coin' pid='72029' dateline='1431053550'hmm that is getting close to my budget, but a newbie seller, might make an offer

Might be best to just buy them at $120 because they have 48 bags under offer and you might miss out at the rate they are selling at the list price.I just bought one because at that price they'll be gone in no time
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

kiwiaus

26 bags sold.. all gone , very fast.

Roughly $5 a coin , lets hope they all come down to that. I think its about right for 1.5 mill minted when you compare to say the 2012 .5 mill. and why is the coronation so dear ???? ( purple one ...) at 1 mill. minted....

stevo1962

Quote from: 'kiwiaus' pid='72035' dateline='1431059078'26 bags sold.. all gone , very fast.


Roughly $5 a coin , lets hope they all come down to that. I think its about right for 1.5 mill minted when you compare to say the 2012 .5 mill. and why is the coronation so dear ???? ( purple one ...) at 1 mill. minted....

They didn't last long . The last 22 bags sold in 1 hour
It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

kiwiaus

Nice payday 1800 bux in an hour lol

runway

$80 for a bag would be reasonable
Prefer a roll
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Ozcoins

Despite some more searching, no red ones for me yet.
I found one more green one though.

serial

I disagree with $80. The face value on a bag/roll is $50 and eBay /paypal takes 13%  of your sale. So your saying someone should receive less than $20 for the work of obtaining, photographing, listing, packing and posting $50of invested money. At least an hours work if done properly. So people can obtain a group of coins that ram would sell for $10 if they carded them valuing a roll at $250
Amazes me how many people get upset that others want to get paid for their time

Ozcoins

Quote from: 'runway' pid='72050' dateline='1431095271'$80 for a bag would be reasonable
Prefer a roll

Current rolls are a lucky dip.
There is NO guarantee of why they contain (other than the coins you can see on the ends).

Quote from: 'serial' pid='72053' dateline='1431097014'I disagree with $80. The face value on a bag/roll is $50 and eBay /paypal takes 13%  of your sale. So your saying someone should receive less than $20 for the work of obtaining, photographing, listing, packing and posting $50of invested money. At least an hours work if done properly. So people can obtain a group of coins that ram would sell for $10 if they carded them valuing a roll at $250
Amazes me how many people get upset that others want to get paid for their time

I don't think buyers care if it takes 1 minute or 1 hour to list/pack/send.
Just the same as they don't care about overheads for shops.
They just have a price they are willing to buy at (and that price will be different for different people).

serial

true ozcoins but if the price doesn't sustain the supply then supply will drop and demand will remain the same pushing prices up.
Only paying $80 will mean  that people wont think its worth selling and then there will be no supply so that is why I don't think $80 is a reasonable price (if you want to sell them at that I will buy all you have)
fact is people are willing to buy at $150+ because supply is not surpassing demand and when the current glut of coins (from people looking to cash in) starts to taper off (look at 2013 roll price movements) then you will see prices strengthen and I expect $200 will be the sweet spot.
looonnngg term I don't know, in 10-20 years they may just be another 27 florin, heavily hoarded and not rare in xf+ condition
what you want to find is the sleeper coins, the 3 1/2 claws, incuses, mules etc the stuff no one thought to hoard and as such rare in high grade

Ozcoins

Hi serial,
I agree with everything you are saying about supply and demand.
I was only talking about the part "Amazes me how many people get upset that others want to get paid for their time".
I should have changed the quote to just that.