members ebay and other site links

Started by ausjack, March 14, 2013, 06:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ausproofs

Good luck MrT. I am sure there will be lot of interest.
Collecting coins is not about having the best, but loving what you have ...

trout

Quote from: 'ausproofs' pid='111893' dateline='1506227010'Good luck MrT. I am sure there will be lot of interest.

Thanks Mate, We will see how She travels :ok:

I do find it odd though that a badly beaten 2000 $1 Mule garners more interest that a MS65 Canberra florin when a coin in this high a grade is many magnitudes rarer than it.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

ausproofs

Quote from: 'trout' pid='111894' dateline='1506227337'
Quote from: 'ausproofs' pid='111893' dateline='1506227010'Good luck MrT. I am sure there will be lot of interest.

Thanks Mate, We will see how She travels :ok:

I do find it odd though that a badly beaten 2000 $1 Mule garners more interest that a MS65 Canberra florin when a coin in this high a grade is many magnitudes rarer than it.

I agree, but some people fancy different things... $1 is not my thing but Florins areĀ  :yahoo:
Collecting coins is not about having the best, but loving what you have ...

ausproofs

Collecting coins is not about having the best, but loving what you have ...

Mister T

Has the image zoom on hover on ebay not been working for anyone else the last few days?

JeffH

There is an issue with photos on eBay. They are there but not displaying. Sometimes show up in a search list but not the actual listing -just a message saying "Image not available". For a seller checking one of their items the message is "Invalid photo (CLERR002) The file seems to be corrupted. Please remove it and upload valid JPG, GIF or PNG, TIF or BMP file." That is bunkum because it even says that on already listed items that did have photos displaying previously.
Advice from eBay, as usual, is non existent.


P.S. I just found a workaround for Firefox.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Unicorn

Is it happening to yours Jeff? I just had a look at your 10 listings and they all came up ok on my browser?

ausjack

Maybe feebay know not to mess with you Uni as you can do magic :mocking:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Unicorn

:laugh2: True AJ ..... they'd be concerned about getting skittles in the post!

JeffH

Mine is OK with that Firefox security setting disabled except the supersize function doesn't work.
That supersize function seems to be broken a lot.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Mister T

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='112328' dateline='1508040281'There is an issue with photos on eBay. They are there but not displaying. Sometimes show up in a search list but not the actual listing -just a message saying "Image not available". For a seller checking one of their items the message is "Invalid photo (CLERR002) The file seems to be corrupted. Please remove it and upload valid JPG, GIF or PNG, TIF or BMP file." That is bunkum because it even says that on already listed items that did have photos displaying previously.
Advice from eBay, as usual, is non existent.


P.S. I just found a workaround for Firefox.

Firefox was working okay yesterday for me but today the images wouldn't show.
I tried a few different browsers but the ones that showed the images didn't have hover on zoom work.

ausproofs

Collecting coins is not about having the best, but loving what you have ...

trout

[quote pid='112339' dateline='1508044806']
I tried a few different browsers but the ones that showed the images didn't have hover on zoom work.
[/quote]

That NO Zoom feature really is a PITA.
It makes taking a nice high resolution image of the coin pretty much a waste of time :dash1:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

JeffH

I tried to submit a query to eBay about failure of mouse over zoom/click to supersize function. Received the following message when I clicked "submit";
"Contact us We are not able to process your message now. Please contact eBay Customer Service."

That is a catch 22 on a par with my internet service provider telling me, when I phoned, to go to their website to check possible cause of me being unable to access the web. And because phone is now VOIP with internet service had to go elsewhere to find a phone to call. Then I was instructed to try various test on my computer but I was then at a different address. Was told to us my mobile phone -I don't have one!
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Unicorn

Geez talk about jinxed ...... everything was working fine yesterday .... now my zoom has vanished on all 3 browers too! :@