members ebay and other site links

Started by ausjack, March 14, 2013, 06:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Unicorn

Nice one Jeff! :good: I'll have to check out my 2010's now as I can't recall that one!

I have a few silver coins (mainly KGV) and bits and pieces on ebay at the moment, some with errors, some at melt.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/walktheunicorn/m.html?

JeffH

With the thrill of finding a big spew it is easy to overlook the back cud on the third roo.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Unicorn

I have reduced the start price on all my lots of KGV silver coins (eg: around 10 lots of 6 KGV sixpences starting at $2.80 below melt) and other bits and pieces on ebay at the moment, along with some harder to find errors. While the lots of 6 aren't higher grade all lots contain low mintages. I've reduced the price of the individual 1918 6d's (which are space fillers only, but second lowest mintage) and the 1935 which is a nicer coin and the lowest of the KGV 6d mintages.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/walktheunicorn/m.html?

Fortunately I did manage to sell the larger lot I had on there that was well below melt. (Geez I love being broke! :laugh2:)

JeffH

I think coin prices on eBay have dropped the last two months. Except "rabbit ear" $1 errors that people just seem to love -I sell a batch of them no problem (usually lots of bids) and can't even get a bid for a good cud, which I would rate higher than rabbit ears any day.

What do you think trout? You have had quite a few listings lately.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

trout

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='109235' dateline='1496824407'I think coin prices on eBay have dropped the last two months. Except "rabbit ear" $1 errors that people just seem to love -I sell a batch of them no problem (usually lots of bids) and can't even get a bid for a good cud, which I would rate higher than rabbit ears any day.

What do you think trout? You have had quite a few listings lately.

It depends on what you are selling.
Rabbit ears are a well known error and they are the result of a "Cud" But "Cuds" on other areas of the coin are not as well received that is why they don't attract the bidders.
I have been slowly listing my collections and at this rate I should be finished sometime next year But YES I have noticed that the bids are a bit slower hence the lower price results.
I sold 3x incused millennium 50c a few weeks back (average circulated But not too shabby) and these only went for $25 each, These are usually pretty popular so I was a bit surprised with those results.
I have sold a few of my Raw Canberra florins and these seem to sell quite well at auction as do the 1937 crowns.
The prices achieved for slabbed coins however is not as good as it should be lately so I only put a handful of these out there at any one time for sale at auction, They normally sell for quite a bit less than "Bluesheet" values.

Overall I do agree that there are less "Serious" buyers out there lately and this is affecting the prices achieved at auction on eBay.
I haven't had a look at the prices achieved on the "Numisbid" auctions lately so I should have a bit of a look there to see if there is some sort of trend developing in the market.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

runway

Quote from: 'trout' pid='109238' dateline='1496825447'
Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='109235' dateline='1496824407'I think coin prices on eBay have dropped the last two months. Except "rabbit ear" $1 errors that people just seem to love -I sell a batch of them no problem (usually lots of bids) and can't even get a bid for a good cud, which I would rate higher than rabbit ears any day.

What do you think trout? You have had quite a few listings lately.

It depends on what you are selling.
Rabbit ears are a well known error and they are the result of a "Cud" But "Cuds" on other areas of the coin are not as well received that is why they don't attract the bidders.
I have been slowly listing my collections and at this rate I should be finished sometime next year But YES I have noticed that the bids are a bit slower hence the lower price results.
I sold 3x incused millennium 50c a few weeks back (average circulated But not too shabby) and these only went for $25 each, These are usually pretty popular so I was a bit surprised with those results.
I have sold a few of my Raw Canberra florins and these seem to sell quite well at auction as do the 1937 crowns.
The prices achieved for slabbed coins however is not as good as it should be lately so I only put a handful of these out there at any one time for sale at auction, They normally sell for quite a bit less than "Bluesheet" values.

Overall I do agree that there are less "Serious" buyers out there lately and this is affecting the prices achieved at auction on eBay.
I haven't had a look at the prices achieved on the "Numisbid" auctions lately so I should have a bit of a look there to see if there is some sort of trend developing in the market.
eBay is full of frauds I prefer to buy from Facebook
Buy what gives you enjoyment

robbiegal

Quote from: 'Unicorn' pid='109234' dateline='1496823983'I have reduced the start price on all my lots of KGV silver coins (eg: around 10 lots of 6 KGV sixpences starting at $2.80 below melt) and other bits and pieces on ebay at the moment, along with some harder to find errors. While the lots of 6 aren't higher grade all lots contain low mintages. I've reduced the price of the individual 1918 6d's (which are space fillers only, but second lowest mintage) and the 1935 which is a nicer coin and the lowest of the KGV 6d mintages.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/walktheunicorn/m.html?

Fortunately I did manage to sell the larger lot I had on there that was well below melt. (Geez I love being broke! :laugh2:)

i think they just have to be up for longer
there are thousands of sellers on ebay
i have been actually selling a few odds and sods lately which has cheered me up on the hobby
but golly
many have been up for well over a year ... or two

trout

Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

robbiegal

do they then charge you for the extras after the 4 days is up?

trout

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='109551' dateline='1498101853'do they then charge you for the extras after the 4 days is up?

I am pretty sure there is No difference with these Free listings and the regular Free listings they give you each month, I get 40 free per Month :)
There is of course the final value fees when the coin sells.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

trout

I have listed a MS65 Canberra Florin in a 99c start NO reserve auction format, amongst other things :ok:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172745728378?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

JeffH

No need to say "NO reserve" as no Australian listings can have a reserve.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

trout

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='109591' dateline='1498279621'No need to say "NO reserve" as no Australian listings can have a reserve.

US and Canadian buyers are not aware of that :ok:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

JeffH

I meant saying it here.
Buyers would need to be savvy and notice the listing does not say "Reserve not met" to realise that.
From our experience some buyers do not even seem to read the description so I understand you mentioning it in the listing.
Why 99ยข start? Used to make sense a few years ago the way listing fees were structured but generally not now. I always start at $1 when I want to encourage quick bidding for an item I am confident will go well.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

trout

Like with everything else when selling on eBay I like to have some fun, Hence the 99c start and 99c start auctions can be entertaining.
Also having a few low start auctions can act as a "Drawcard" to your other fixed price listings because many buyers only look at auction listings in their searches.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum