2016 Coins Found in Circulation

Started by Nevol, February 29, 2016, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hercules

Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='99201' dateline='1475147191'I got given three decimal anniversary $2 coins today.

As if $2 noodling wasn't already fun enough with all the Olympic coins, the mint has to make it even more appetising. Thanks for the heads up! :good:

Mister T

I saw a plain 20c yesterday but I didn't grab it.

Mister T

I got another plain 10c today.
So far I've seen:
10c plain
20c plain
50c plain
$1 plain
$2 plain
50c commemorative
$2 commemorative

Hercules

This is what I'm now up to:

78x 50c Changeover
2x $1 Standard
20x $2 Standard
6x $2 Olympics (Blue)
8x $2 Olympics (Black)
11x $2 Olympics (Red)
12x $2 Olympics (Yellow)
6x $2 Olympics (Green)
5x $2 Paralympics

redlock


Hercules

A friend just picked up a Changeover 10c in their change, and I'm very surprised because I've never been able to noodle any. I reckon a lot of 2016-dated coins were released last month, but there is a slight delay in me receiving them because of the amount of time it takes for Armaguard to put them into rolls. It took about a month for me to start receiving the Woollies coins in the rolls, but now they're everywhere, so perhaps something similar is happening with the other denominations.

trout

With all the different coins issued for circulation this year I imagine that it is quite a challenge to find them all, You seem to be doing rather well so far Hercules.
Great effort, well done Mate :yahoo::good:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

SULLA

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='99645' dateline='1475969211'It took about a month for me to start receiving the Woollies coins in the rolls,....

Rolls are only aftermarket projects by those who try and mislead!  No Woolies coins were released in rolls.  Only bags were released by Woolies.

trout

I am pretty sure that Hercules is referring to finding the Olympic coins amongst the other standard coins in rolls and not finding full rolls of the coloured $2 coins here :ok:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Nevol

I got a 2016 $2 Elder coin last week in my change, lots of bag marks.
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

trout

I haven't seen any of the changeover commemoratives in my change yet and have only found a single 2016 COA 50c so far :(
I have got plenty of the little baggies from the RAM shop with all the different coins so I haven't missed out :)
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Hercules

Quote from: 'SULLA' pid='99657' dateline='1475982283'
Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='99645' dateline='1475969211'It took about a month for me to start receiving the Woollies coins in the rolls,....

Rolls are only aftermarket projects by those who try and mislead!  No Woolies coins were released in rolls.  Only bags were released by Woolies.

Quote from: 'trout' pid='99691' dateline='1476048775'I am pretty sure that Hercules is referring to finding the Olympic coins amongst the other standard coins in rolls and not finding full rolls of the coloured $2 coins here :ok:

Trout is absolutely right. I only get one or two coloured coins per roll. The rest have an assortment of dates from 1988 to 2016, with 1988 being the most common. I get them from the "noodling machine" at my local bank, NOT from eBay. The coins are all pretty randomly distributed, so you have to be in the right place at the right time to find a coloured one. :)

trout

I came across my first changeover commemorative today, a 50c one :yahoo:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Hercules

Quote from: 'trout' pid='99951' dateline='1476410728'I came across my first changeover commemorative today, a 50c one :yahoo:

Just think... it must have migrated all the way from Brisbane! :)

Cougar

I received a changeover $2 coin from my sister last week and today I received a $1 changeover coin from my daughter.

This is the first changeover $1 that I have heard of or seen come from the wild...

Has anyone else seen or heard of one?