New $5 note

Started by jens coins, February 11, 2016, 09:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robbiegal

the girls at the RBA told us that the counting machines mark them (all unc notes)

Fulvio

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='99668' dateline='1476002192'the girls at the RBA told us that the counting machines mark them (all unc notes)

Now that might be a good thing for those of us lucky enough to get them before they go into machines. ;)
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

trout

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='99668' dateline='1476002192'the girls at the RBA told us that the counting machines mark them (all unc notes)

Maybe they are marking the notes so that they will work in vending machines as I have read that the new notes are problematic .
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Triggersmob

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='99668' dateline='1476002192'the girls at the RBA told us that the counting machines mark them (all unc notes)

Thanks Robbiegal.
So I guess they are all going to look like crap after a short while. :(
Steve

OFEC count = 258

redlock

Quote from: 'Triggersmob' pid='99649' dateline='1475972066'Ralf, do you collect banknotes?
I can add a new $5 to your pile if you like.

No, I don't collect banknotes. But I am interested what's going on with them in the world.
Bottom line: Thanks for the offer. But you don't need to add it to my pile.

Hercules

Quote from: 'redlock' pid='99866' dateline='1476262683'
Quote from: 'Triggersmob' pid='99649' dateline='1475972066'Ralf, do you collect banknotes?
I can add a new $5 to your pile if you like.

No, I don't collect banknotes. But I am interested what's going on with them in the world.
Bottom line: Thanks for the offer. But you don't need to add it to my pile.

Considering that they're only worth $5, you might as well get one just in case they have to be withdrawn prematurely. The original polymer $5 note was withdrawn just 3 years after its release, so something similar could happen to this one. Also don't forget that the queen will probably only live a few more years, and then they'll have to replace her with Prince Charles. This could make the current notes quite valuable. ;)

redlock

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='99873' dateline='1476277194'Considering that they're only worth $5, you might as well get one just in case they have to be withdrawn prematurely. The original polymer $5 note was withdrawn just 3 years after its release, so something similar could happen to this one. Also don't forget that the queen will probably only live a few more years, and then they'll have to replace her with Prince Charles. This could make the current notes quite valuable. ;)

Hm, I don't know. It is said that 170 Milllion were printed. That's hardly a low figure. So, they shouldn't be that rare if even they were suddenly withdrawn.

interest

I'm taking a chance regarding the AA first prefix & holding off on buying a few, there seems to be a lot around so maybe in a month or so the price might drop.
If not I can do without. Whatever will be.
I don't think they will ever be classified as scarce or rare, except maybe on Ebay.
The new notes seem to be everywhere now.

Fulvio

Think I pissed somebody off tonight.

When I got to the meet, there was a display of $5 notes, with a for sale sign saying $8 each.

I had my broken bundle and list of serial numbers, and told people they could have a reasonable number at face value. A couple of sets of matched serials, a couple of sequential pairs and a block of six, two consecutive matched serials CC/CE/CF.

I did notice a bit of a dirty look, but meh.. I wasn't there to make money. :angel:
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

trout

QuoteI did notice a bit of a dirty look, but meh.. I wasn't there to make money.

Good on you Mate :good:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

ausproofs

Collecting coins is not about having the best, but loving what you have ...

Unicorn

How cool is that Aus! ...... I guess you could call it a  ....... Freestylus ...... rock the microphone ....


.... and you wouldn't believe that when I was getting the url for the above, the banner ad on youtube was ......



.... perhaps I should have linked "How Bizarre" instead.

Pedro

Who would even think of trying that!! :blink: Can't say that it was anywhere in my thinking.

Pedro

gnome

Won't take off, can't hold a note properly, :)

Unicorn

:laugh2: ..... I'll pay that one G!