Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - triplewitch

#1
Forum Suggestions / RE: Forum into the future
July 17, 2025, 01:55:42 AM
I check in every now and then. I like to see who's still posting. A lot of you seem like family starting with the SS days. There were many people whose comments I looked forward to and enjoyed reading. AC is still one of my Facebook friends. Another I haven't heard from in years. I'm out of touch now with Australian coins for about 10 years since I moved into a retirement community. I hope the forum can continue for those who enjoyed it as I did, but I no longer have anything to contribute.
I know how Mark feels. As one ages, the simplest tasks become a burden.
Best of luck to you all. Thanks for the memories.
#2
Chin Wag / RE: The Laugh Thread
February 11, 2024, 11:56:56 PM
Three women die together in an accident and go to Heaven. When they arrive, God says "We only have one rule here. Don't step on a duck." Sure enough, they enter, and there are ducks everywhere. It's almost impossible not to step on a duck.
The first woman accidently steps on one. God comes with the ugliest man she has ever seen, chains them together, and explains that "Your penalty for stepping on a duck is to spend all eternity chained to this man."
The next day the second woman steps on a duck. God also chains her to the ugliest man she has ever seen for all eternity.
The third woman sees all this and is incredibly careful where she steps. She goes months without stepping on a duck. One day God comes to her with the most handsome man she's ever seen and chains them together, leaving without saying a word. The deliriously happy woman asks the man "What have I ever done to be chained to you for all eternity?" The man says, "I don't know about you, but I stepped on a duck."
#3
World Coins / RE: What were they thinking?
February 11, 2024, 11:49:52 PM
The reverses of the US versions are really bad. The Mint could have done a much better job.
#4
Quote from: 'seedyrom' pid='124755' dateline='1620731152'The US Mint does absolutely terrible launches of new but limited coins.

Their website gets over loaded and crashes;
They have a preferred dealer network they sell coins in bulk to prior to launch;
Households have purchasing limits, but dealers do not;
And basically, it's really hard to get a coin. 

Sometimes you'll have it in the cart, and you are trying to check out, but by the time you confirm purchase, the items get sold out. 

Anyway... I was wondering whether anyone else here will be up at 2am trying to purchase the Morgan Dollar 2021 re-release?

If you are, I was thinking we establish a buyers group, so if one person is successful, we can onset to members without excessive secondary market (scalper) pricing.
I'm in the US and rarely get on here anymore, so I missed this message originally. It's too late for the 2021 coins, but the US Mint is accepting enrollments now for the 2023 and beyond Morgan and Peach dollars, both uncirculated and proof, as well as a reverse proof set, which will save you the trouble of having to fight for coins on the issue date.
#5
Chin Wag / RE: The Laugh Thread
January 27, 2020, 12:44:13 AM
Quote from: 'triplewitch' pid='121169' dateline='1579395573'A Mexican magician tells the audience he will disappear on the count of three.

He says: "Uno, dos..."

Poof....

As he disappears without a "tres."

Well, that's a smart idea.  I steal the joke and forget where I stole it from.  Apologies folks, and to the original poster.  I need a keeper.
#6
Chin Wag / RE: The Laugh Thread
January 19, 2020, 11:29:33 AM
A Mexican magician tells the audience he will disappear on the count of three.

He says: "Uno, dos..."

Poof....

As he disappears without a "tres."
#11
Chin Wag / RE: The Laugh Thread
September 06, 2017, 03:55:10 AM
Husband takes the wife to her high school reunion. After meeting several of her friends and former school mates, they are sitting at a table where he is yawning and overly bored.

The band cranks up and people are beginning to dance. There's a guy on the dance floor really living it up, break dancing, moon walking, back flips, buying drinks for people, the works.

Wife turns to her husband and says, "See that guy? Twenty-five years ago, he proposed to me and I turned him down."

Husband says: "Looks like he's still celebrating!"
#13
I turned my collection over to a dealer who's arranging periodic ebay sales. He takes his cut after costs and sends me mine. I didn't feel I could do it myself.
#14
The coins was on display at the ANA in Milwaukee in 2007. As a member I got in free. That was the same ANA where I purchased a Liberty dollar.