Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - sirfry

#1
Very nice coin accumulator! may need to chase you up on that
#2
Quote from: 'wwwww' pid='3643' dateline='1353386129'There was a cleaned EF on my desk a while ago, I'll check if it's still there tonight, if it is you can have it for $120.

Thanks wwwww

Somewhere in between that grade and purple penny hunters grade I know I will find my coin!

I want something that is very collectible but not over the top :) thanks for the post though. Would also like to hear from anyone else that has 1938 or 1937 crowns. They are very nice coins! I was very impressed when I saw them for the 1st time
#3
Coin Chit Chat / RE: 2012 Remembrance Day $2 Coin
November 20, 2012, 08:08:56 PM
Holy crap. sorry bout the crappy posted ones. Picked this circulated one up at work today. Was very surprised. Seems pretty good right?




Couple of bumps around the circumference but the man queen still seems pretty intact right?
#4
Extremely nice coin! A bit out of my price range however :( I know I won't be able to get anywhere near that grade but I'm hoping to find something for under $500. Just so I can have one i suppose!

fingers crossed. Thanks for the post
#5
Ha ha I actually put a small bid on that coin balloon. It was at Thornleigh right?

Obviously didn't win though :dodgy:
#6
Hi all

I am after a 1938 crown to add to my collection between now and Christmas. Has any one got any that they are willing to part with? would need pics / rough price etc. Because they can get pretty expensive I will take some time to consider any offers.

Thanks

SirFry
#7
Sweet, thanks Aaron! I'm getting better at this :) I would have thought it was in pretty bad shape though
#8
Hey all

I stumbled upon this 1981 20c when I was doing a bit of noodling. Still trying to get my eye in for this kind of stuff. I know there were a heap minted but would I be right in saying that it is a Canadian minted one?

#9
Australian Decimal NCLT / RE: Toning/Patina?
November 16, 2012, 12:38:17 PM
Those 1964 Pennies are awesome :yahoo:
#10
Australian Decimal NCLT / RE: Toning/Patina?
November 15, 2012, 06:06:00 PM
Love the half moon!
#11
Australian Decimal NCLT / RE: Toning/Patina?
November 15, 2012, 12:25:04 PM
Does anyone have any examples of some interesting toning or patina then?
#12
Australian Pre-Decimal Coins / RE: Investment Coins
November 15, 2012, 08:56:03 AM
Thanks markn

Good advice
#13
Australian Pre-Decimal Coins / RE: Investment Coins
November 15, 2012, 08:32:00 AM
Quote from: 'markn' pid='3155' dateline='1352926668'I think you need to learn to love coins and collecting them before you can even think about investing in them.  But if you do insist on trying to buy for investment the old adage is to buy the absolute best you can afford in the best grade you can afford.  Even then you'll probably still lose money.

Don't get me wrong. I do love collecting coins, I just feel that if I bought an expensive coin now even if I loved the coin itself, I would still feel kinda bad if its value plunged dramatically. Obviously there are factors like the economy and demand and so forth that I could never really predict but it would be nice to have a little assurance that over the long term that it wasn't going to become worthless (although possible :) )
#14
Australian Pre-Decimal Coins / RE: Investment Coins
November 14, 2012, 09:37:19 PM
Yeh they look pretty sweet as well. A decent condition 1923 half penny seems to be quite a step up price wise though right?
#15
Australian Pre-Decimal Coins / Investment Coins
November 14, 2012, 09:10:11 PM
Hi all. I was interested if anyone has had any good stories or advice about coins as an investment. I have considered buying some sort of decent coin to hang on to for some years but I'm a bit hesitant to part with the cash before I get a bit more experience. Having an 'investment' seems like a good way to justify having really nice (expensive) coins :D I would definitely like to hear from you pros out there that have had any good or bad experiences. :)



There are some nice Sovereigns that I've around that aren't priced too crazy that I've looked at.