*Wanted* 1938 Australian Crown

Started by sirfry, November 19, 2012, 09:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sirfry

Hi all

I am after a 1938 crown to add to my collection between now and Christmas. Has any one got any that they are willing to part with? would need pics / rough price etc. Because they can get pretty expensive I will take some time to consider any offers.

Thanks

SirFry

purplepennyhunter

Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

sirfry

Extremely nice coin! A bit out of my price range however :( I know I won't be able to get anywhere near that grade but I'm hoping to find something for under $500. Just so I can have one i suppose!

fingers crossed. Thanks for the post

purplepennyhunter

It is a nice coin. I only have an AU58 in my own collection. Good luck with your quest.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

emu666

Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='3577' dateline='1353358223'It is a nice coin. I only have an AU58 in my own collection. Good luck with your quest.

Stirfry, you can get them for not much more than $100 if you don't mind a lower grade example.

purplepennyhunter

Emu are you hungry for Chinese food? It's not Stirfry it's Sirfry. You got your specs on?
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Goldseeker

PPH:   That is a very nice mule that shows up with your Unc 1938 Crown.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


purplepennyhunter

Yes it is nice, pity I can't afford to buy it for my own collection.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

wwwww

There was a cleaned EF on my desk a while ago, I'll check if it's still there tonight, if it is you can have it for $120.

sirfry

Quote from: 'wwwww' pid='3643' dateline='1353386129'There was a cleaned EF on my desk a while ago, I'll check if it's still there tonight, if it is you can have it for $120.

Thanks wwwww

Somewhere in between that grade and purple penny hunters grade I know I will find my coin!

I want something that is very collectible but not over the top :) thanks for the post though. Would also like to hear from anyone else that has 1938 or 1937 crowns. They are very nice coins! I was very impressed when I saw them for the 1st time

wwwww

We've got this one: http://www.numisbid.com.au/Browse/PCGS/24148331/ in our December auction, it'll probably go around the $600 range.

accumulator


sirfry

Very nice coin accumulator! may need to chase you up on that

accumulator

No worries Sirfry, i've sent you a message.