1992 $1 Roo

Started by lacey, September 17, 2012, 12:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Australian coin

You’re getting confused 2 different subjects, the 1992 MOR (mob of roos) “doesn’t exist” and the 1992 Barcelona

purplepennyhunter

I have the RAM annual report from YE 30 June 1992 in front of me and admittedly it's the only one in the 1990's that I have.

It does however say in the circulating coin production section that .008 (million pieces) of 1992 aluminium bronze 1 dollars were minted. Over the page there is another section of proof and special coins where it has 6,913 of $1 uncirculated. But without the other annual reports I couldn't say if those numbers are included in what makes up the mintages that we know from Macca's or even if they are MOR's or the commemorative Barcelona.

The mintages on the Australian Coin Collecting Blog come from all information available including RAM annual reports and reference books.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

naomi_j86

OK, I'm following again, I took it to mean that not many more than 8000 Barcelona's were minted.
Ta!

Graham

Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='1504' dateline='1350171564'
Quote from: 'Graham' pid='1497' dateline='1350168372'Now I'm confused and having a Paulette moment. I have 4 x Barcelona $1 taken from circulation.
You've done alright. How many $1 have you looked through to find those?
I think I bought about a 100 from Goldseeker.  The remaining 223 I found in pokie venues and noodling from the bank.  I have searched maybe a few hundred thousand which is nowhere near how many Golderseeker searched at the Casino.
Incidentally, one of the Bacelonas I found in a $1 roll from the bank was IMHO uncirculated.  The beauty of it though was a big BIG die crack.  I'll have to pull it out from wherever it is hidden and post a piccie.

1992               
   Barcelona            
      .   4   
               
1993               
   Landcare            
      "C"   8   
      "M"   4   
      "S"   1   
               
1994               
   Decade Dollar            
      "C"   5   
               
1995               
   Waltzing Mathilda            
      "B"   8   
      "C"   25   
      "M"   7     
      "S"   3     
               
1996               
   Sir Henry Parkes            
      "B"   2   
      "M"   1   
               
1997               
   Smithy Map            
      "B"   3     
      "C"   46     
      "M"   10   
      "S"   6   
      "A"   1   
               
1998               
   Lord Howard Florey            
      "B"   2   
      "C"   10   
      "M"   6     
      "S"   3     
      "A"   2   
               
1999               
   The Last Anzac            
      "B"   2   
      "C"   16     
      "M"   6     
      "S"   2     
      "A"   1     
               
2000               
   HMAS Sydney  II            
      "C"   17     
      "S"   3   
   Olymphilex            
      "C"   2   
      "S"   1    $1.15     $2.15
               
2001               
   Air Force            
      .   2     
   Army            
      "C"   5     
      "C" - Spaced IRB   7     
      "C" - Joined IRB   2     
   Navy            
      .   1    $1.15      
               
2002               
   Year of the OutBack            
      "C"   34     
               
2003               
   Korea            
      "C"   13   
      "M"   1     
      "S"   1     
               
2004               
   Eureka Stockade            
      "C"   15     
      "M"   1   
               
2005               
   Gallipoli            
      "B"   1   
      "C"   15   
      "M"   2   
      "S"   1   
               
2006               
   Commonwealth Games            
      "M"   1   
   Television            
      "C"   8     
               
2007               
   Sydney Harbour Bridge            
      "C"   4

lacey

maybe thats why it was in the roll.  The Mint wouldn't want that in a mint set, so threw it in a roll instead.

I used to buy coins from the local bank but had to give them a reason why I wanted them and what I was gonna use them for.

I stopped after a while.  I got sick of having to telling them.

AaronG

I was the one who posted that auction for that 1992 $1 roo coin, even through all the doubt I do believe they exist, l will have to keep searching :)

runway

Still no evidence they exist,haven't seen a photo even
Goldseeker is going to ask again at RAM this long weekend apparently
It's very obvious there is no such coin as a 1992 $1 MOR
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Goldseeker

I went to the RAM this Aussie Day Weekend and all I saw to speak to were the Mint Shop ladies and gents and no prodiction staff etc.   Sorry to inform you all but I drew a total blank on this one.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


runway

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='40626' dateline='1390992665'I went to the RAM this Aussie Day Weekend and all I saw to speak to were the Mint Shop ladies and gents and no prodiction staff etc.   Sorry to inform you all but I drew a total blank on this one.
RAM Mint Shop is staffed by salespeople Goldie and no production staff would have been there over the long weekend anyway:dodgy:
Buy what gives you enjoyment