RE: First coins for 2017

Started by autocoupler, June 16, 2018, 09:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pedro

[quote="Hercules" pid='117472' dateline='1541986015']
BTW I still haven't seen the 2017 5c or 10c yet, so I'm probably going to have to noodle them.
[/quote]

Same here Hercules. With their supposed mintages you would have thought that they should have been reasonably common.

A 2018 elder $2 landed in my change today so we're off and racing finally.

Pedro

fred lever

Hi, got a 2018 20c piece yesterday, its the only 2018 coin I've seen in change.
Fred.

jozk123

Last week I got a 5c and 20c.
Sunday I got a $2 Armistice

Mister T

Yeah I've only seen one 2017 10c at all.
The 2017 5c seems common enough now though (in rolls at least).

JeffH

So far my "haul" from change and noodling is;
•20¢ x 3
•50¢ x 1
•$1 MoR x 1
•$1 100 Years of ANZAC x 3
•$2 Commonwealth Games (various) x 5
•Not one "A", "U", or "S" $1. Even though they are dated 2019 they have already been issued into circulation.

Well still six weeks to go for finding more in the year of issue.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Mister T

I got four 20c pieces from 12 rolls today. No more 50c pieces though.

Hercules

Who said they were going to be distributed evenly, Jeff? Your area probably won't receive the A U S coins in change until after the competition closes.

runway

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='117542' dateline='1542420558'Who said they were going to be distributed evenly, Jeff? Your area probably won't receive the A U S coins in change until after the competition closes.

Distribution was all in jumbo bags and Brisbane and Adelaide seem to have got most
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Mister T

Got an eternal flame $2 and a plain 20c as well as a 2019S $1 from a family member today.

Mister T

I've had a few more 5c and 20c pieces and even a couple of Invictus Games $2 coins. Maybe the lack of colour makes people not notice them.

autocoupler

The Wife came home with a $2 eternal flame as well as a $2 poppy. I don't usually look for these but all good  :yahoo:
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

Mister T

Got another plain dollar the other day.

Mister T

Still seeing a few plain 20c pieces as well (seem to be the most common).
Got a plain dollar from a poker machine last night too but the majority of new stuff was 2016 or 2017.

Nevol

Got 1 each MoR, 20c, & 5c from my son today.
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

nealeffendi

Picked up last night (from the floor of the bar) an eternal flame and then( from the change slot of a cigarette machine) the 1918 Anzac. 2 nice coins for free :yahoo: All the change I find helps compensate for dealing with idiots as hotel security. Needed this :police_car: and the ambos after one patron bashed another (blood pouring from head and spinal injuries) near closing time.