Possum Magic

Started by brismike, August 07, 2017, 02:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bigfellani5

I am all for getting kids involved. They are the future of the hobby. My concern with the whole thing is the ram produced the coins for Woolworths. Yes they were offered to dealers with no wholesale discount. The ram has not looked after dealers. No dealer , no Coins shops. No coin shops death of the hobby.

Mister T

I was extremely conflicted but I bought a set today.

brismike

They are not too bad for the asking price. It is only $5 above the face value for 8 coins, 5 of which are never going into circulation. I am sure they will be selling on Ebay in a few weeks for much more than $15. So grab them while you can.

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

Triggersmob

I picked up 2 more of the $2 coins today.
The girl behind the counter said they sold out of sets yesterday.
Not that I wanted one anyway.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

seedyrom

Bought something today so I could get one. Girl serving me didn't know what I was talking about. The other nice server stepped in, as she had seperated a couple in the float for people like me, which was very much appreciated.

I asked about the packaged sets, but she said they sold out on day one. I don't think people were buying single sets ;)


Makes me wonder about the hobby of coin collecting. So many specials and one offs. Even PNC sets or "travel/mobile" versions not released through the mint. Who could keep up? Especially when collectors, dealers and hoarders buy up all the stock.
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

brismike

Got some of the single coins in change tody. They will only give out 2 coins max per customer. So we split the shopping up between me and the wife and got 2 each. They also still had some of the sets left so got one of them at the service desk and another 2 single coins in change so 6 coins plus a set all up. Happy with that haul.

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

Pedro

I asked for three of the $2 and paid with a $10 note and ended up with 5. They came straight out of an unopened bag too so in pretty good nick.

Only bought one of the sets at this point but the lass serving checked whether I wanted more.

Pedro

Episoda

Got a lady at woolies last night, she said nope, they are not to swap them with (normal money) and her replacement on the till at that time said i will swap them for you, opened a new bag and said how many would you like? I noticed the $50 bag unopened behind it and asked if i can get that, he said yes. Absolutely stoked!
Never, Ever, give up!

seedyrom

That's a good score!

My wife came home miffed, as she was made to feel like a shit when she asked for a couple (the cashier had attitude about it).
That said, I want them to be available to all of us, so I don't want to complain about them limiting supply.

Hey episoda, can you stay away from woolies stores now? Thanks.
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

Episoda

Well, with my luck in recent years of being told NO and basically how dare I ask for anything out of the ordinary, woolies is not a frequenter in my weekly plans so, dont despair, I am just extremely lucky as a once off.:yahoo:
Never, Ever, give up!

brismike

Some of the Woolies staff can be a bit awkward when you ask for them ... some of them will give them out like lollies at a kids birthday party. Managed to score 10 of the second pink ones in 3 days so far by just buying a 75cent bottle of Woolies Cola. Went to 3 different stores, one of them said sorry we only have the blue ones and they gave me 4 blue ones in change. Went to another store and they swapped the blue ones for the pink ones no problem.

I get them mainly to swap on Numista with swap friends overseas where I swap them for commemorative 2 euro coins. They seem to love our coloured 2 dollar coins.

Cheers Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

redlock

Quote from: 'brismike' pid='110959' dateline='1503454430'They seem to love our coloured 2 dollar coins.

Cheers Mike

Yes, we do :D

Triggersmob

Quote from: 'redlock' pid='110966' dateline='1503469933'
Quote from: 'brismike' pid='110959' dateline='1503454430'They seem to love our coloured 2 dollar coins.

Cheers Mike

Yes, we do :D

Yours is already in the pile Ralf. :)
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Basil

Quote from: 'brismike' pid='110959' dateline='1503454430'I get them mainly to swap on Numista with swap friends overseas where I swap them for commemorative 2 euro coins. They seem to love our coloured 2 dollar coins.

Cheers Mike

Yep,met a Lady on Ebay USA in the late 1990's who owned a 2nd hand/Antiques
Store In California who regularly received Pre-Dec. Oz Coins and sold them to me direct bypassing Ebay. In return i sent her various Decimal coins she requested ,the 2001 CoF State Coins were extremely popular over there for some reason,even circulated egs.
Definition of Wisdom in a Man.\"...the moment in a persons journey through life life when he realises 99.9% of the people he meets & greets don\'t care about himself or his opinions\".

Pedro

Gee, got the grumpy Woolies crew this morning. They eventually coughed up and when I get home all bar one are last week's. :dash1:

Pedro