Possum Magic

Started by brismike, August 07, 2017, 02:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

brismike

Looks like we are getting some more NCLT coins ... RAM site has this ...

The Possum Magic story that has captivated Australian children for over 30 years is now being celebrated through a beautiful coin set which can be kept and admired for years to come. Four $1 coins and three colour-printed $2 coins retell Mem Fox's story using Julie Vivas' whimsical illustrations. To make this a truly nostalgic set, a copper 1c coin with a unique design created by Julie Vivas is also included. Each set is packaged in a Possum Magic themed folder and is the only way to guarantee all eight coins are added to your collection.

This is a link to the page....

https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/Possum-Magic/511072.aspx

It shows the 1 cent, Three coloured $2 coins, but only one $1 coin not the four mentioned in the above blurb. No pricing at this stage.

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

JeffH

Shows four $1 coins. Need to scroll the icon bar (under the main picture) to get them showing.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Nevol

Possum Magic themed fodder as above - $15. :biggrin:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

brismike

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='110629' dateline='1502045411'Shows four $1 coins. Need to scroll the icon bar (under the main picture) to get them showing.

Thanks Jeff. Last night when i first looked at it the scroll bar wouldn't move. Now it does.

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

Goldseeker

Set looks good and I have already ordered two sets.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Hercules

It never ceases to amaze me that the mint is always able to come up with new denominations for their commemorative coins. Just when I thought they'd run out denominations, they managed to find another one. Even the humble 1c coin is no longer sacred.

Bigfellani5

It is actually a Woolworths promotion similar to the Olympic program. Dealers have been offered 50000 sets with no discount. Imagine dealer price will be around $20 to $25

brismike

So $10.01 worth of face value NCLT coins for $15.... That's not bad. I thought the price was a mistake when I first saw it. I can see the value of these sets going up fast once they are all gone.

Also says that these coins are available to purchase from the 15th of August on the RAM website.

Cheers Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

autocoupler

Need to reassess my goals. By committing to only collect Al/Br dollar coins over the past few years I thought I had managed to avoid a lot of the mints bling. Each to their own, but I'm definitely enacting plan B and only going for their counterstamps from now on!
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

brismike

Got the August (Mini) Mint Issue today .... This set looks pretty good for the price. Also available from Woolworths Supermarkets from the 15th of August.

Cheers Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

interest

Quote from: 'brismike' pid='110669' dateline='1502112613'So $10.01 worth of face value NCLT coins for $15.... That's not bad. I thought the price was a mistake when I first saw it. I can see the value of these sets going up fast once they are all gone.

Also says that these coins are available to purchase from the 15th of August on the RAM website.

Cheers Mike
$10.01 plus packaging.

Nevol

Not that I intend buying this fodder, but why would anyone get them from RAM and pay $10 postage if they are available from Woolies, post free, (excepting those who are in remote areas).
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

JeffH

I can't find any details of the Woolworths promotion. I wonder is it similar to the newspaper ones -get your folder and one coin initially and another coin each week.

And already we have a profiteer with eBay listings;
•Possum Magic $2 COIN COLOURED SET
•Buy it Now This listing was cancelled but, at $41 posted, makes the mint purchase option look better, especially if combining items on an order.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Nevol

A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

JeffH

That's the books that they already sell. Nothing yet about the coins that I can find.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.