Possum Magic

Started by brismike, August 07, 2017, 02:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

seedyrom

You had one job to do Woolies. ONE JOB!
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

purplepennyhunter

I went to 3 different Woolies today. Ended up with 3 coins -but 2 of them are last weeks I realised when I got home. I know there's one Woolies I'm not going back to, they were mean to me. I can't understand how people are getting bags and I spent my money in their shop and they can't even swap me one when I lucked out and didn't get a new coin just old shabby one's. Not even when I asked nicely. So here's my raspberry for their loudspeaker.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

runway

Some of the grumpy old bags who work at Woolworths whom are $2 Nazis are contributing to shoppers going to Coles and IGA after this Possum fiasco finishes next week
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Triggersmob

I went to my local Woolies, and they would not give me any at the service desk where I normally go for them. They have been told that the customer must make a purchase and then receive a maximum of 2 coins. So I went in and made a purchase only to be told the there was no coins in the till, so then had to go to the service desk to claim a couple. Repeated this process again, so I ended up with 4 coins. Then went to the next closest Woolies, walked in and made purchase. Asked the girl at the checkout if she had any of the new $2 coins and she said yes. I didn't ask for a specific quantity, but just handed her a $10 note, she asked if I would like the change all in $2 coins. I said, yes please, if that is OK. She then handed me 5 more coins. So I finished the night with 9 coins. 2 of these turned out to be last weeks, but that was OK as I was wanting more of those anyway. My daughter went to the shop the following day and managed to get 2 more coins for me. So now I have finished up with 9 of each. Just have to see if I can get 9 next week now, to complete the sets.  I'm happy. :)
Steve

OFEC count = 258

seedyrom

Did someone in marketing get it mixed up?


If the flags are to be believed, it would appear I've been getting the Week 3 coins
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

Fulvio

Quote from: 'brismike' pid='110959' dateline='1503454430'Some of the Woolies staff can be a bit awkward

'Some'?????

Based on the couple hundred staff I dealt with over the Olympic coins, I'd say 90%, with 20% going out of their way to be bastards. Which is why I refuse to play this game anymore, and won't be spending a cent at Woolies ever again.

These will turn up eventually, in one way or another.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

interest

This morning we got served by a staff member called Maddison, spent nearly $200 was to get $8 & a few coins back in change, asked if she had any of the new $2 coin she looked & said yes, then gave me a five dollar note & three one dollar coins, shut the cash drawer said thank you & said next. I asked if she was serious & she said "Did I not give you the correct amount of change sir?"
I replied thank you for your service, & I will send off an email to you head office informing them of how pleased I was to be served by you & how pleasant you have been.

seedyrom

Gold.

Both from her and you.
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

JeffH

I thought Woolies would have learnt from the Olympic coin distribution that a Public Relations exercise should be designed to improve public relations and staff should be fully informed of their part in the deal.
OBVIOUSLY NOT!
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

purplepennyhunter

I bought a whole hand of bananas this morning one banana at a time. The self checkout lady looking over my shoulder was quite fascinated when I explained. No dramas. Left with 4 coins.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

keldaw

Quote from: 'seedyrom' pid='110993' dateline='1503618560'Did someone in marketing get it mixed up?


If the flags are to be believed, it would appear I've been getting the Week 3 coins

 all my  magic possums coloured coins are like that even my 8 book one that I have are same colour for week 2 and week 3 but my week 1 are blue ,..???
take care because we care ..

trout

Quoteall my magic possums coloured coins are like that even my 8 book one that I have are same colour for week 2 and week 3 but my week 1 are blue ,..???

Week2 is a pinky red and week 3 are purple, it is "Tough" for us older gen's with "Dodgy" eyes to distinguish between these :ok:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

keldaw

Quote from: 'trout' pid='111007' dateline='1503653029'
Quoteall my magic possums coloured coins are like that even my 8 book one that I have are same colour for week 2 and week 3 but my week 1 are blue ,..???

Week2 is a pinky red and week 3 are purple, it is "Tough" for us older gen's with "Dodgy" eyes to distinguish between these :ok:

THANKS JIM . I did not notice that .
take care because we care ..

robbiegal

our woolies was giving out next weeks coins the other day
once they realised they stopped ALL coins
i keep sending the hubby down and he has only once got coins
very disappointing

very frustrating

Kel that inner ring is fairly small and the pink & orange tones aren't blatantly different mate

Hercules

Straight from the mint website (brackets mine):

QuoteThe Woolworths release dates for the Possum Magic coloured $2 coins are detailed below:
Week 1: Tuesday 15 August 2017 – Sad and invisible Hush
Week 2: Tuesday 22 August 2017 – Hush can see her tail [pink]
Week 3: Tuesday 29 August 2017 – Happy Hush is visible again

So yes, someone did get their marketing mixed up. :laugh2:

The mint is correct. The pink one is week 2 and the red one is week 3.