2017 Legends of ANZAC Coins

Started by kchan1111, March 18, 2017, 03:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hercules


Episoda

Wow they now have these on the mint website for 80 bucks plus postage,  they must not be selling well.

https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/Legends-of-Anzacs/711336.aspx
Never, Ever, give up!

seedyrom

WOW.

Some of the RAMint decisions these days are really confusing me.

What I like about the U.S. Mint, is that they have an upcoming product schedule. So you know months in advance, what releases are coming down the pipeline.
The Australian Mint is like "oh, by the way ... we released some coins last week. Cheers.".
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

kchan1111

Quote from: 'Episoda' pid='107990' dateline='1492997500'Wow they now have these on the mint website for 80 bucks plus postage,  they must not be selling well.

https://eshop.ramint.gov.au/Legends-of-Anzacs/711336.aspx

That's ridiculous. You can get it for $39 + $12 paper subscription.

trout

Hmmm
For something that was supposed to be exclusively available via a newspaper subscription to be now being sold on the RAM shop and at an inflated price is pretty "Wrong" don't you think?
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

runway

Quote from: 'trout' pid='107996' dateline='1493008898'Hmmm
For something that was supposed to be exclusively available via a newspaper subscription to be now being sold on the RAM shop and at an inflated price is pretty "Wrong" don't you think?

Absolutely :dodgy:
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Nevol

Quote from: 'trout' pid='107996' dateline='1493008898'Hmmm....For something that was supposed to be exclusively available via a newspaper subscription to be now being sold on the RAM shop and at an inflated price is pretty "Wrong" don't you think?
Seems to me RAM staff have absolutely no idea what 'exclusive' means. :dash1:

Really makes no difference to me as I don't buy these NCLT products irrespective of where they are available.
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Hercules

Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='108006' dateline='1493078815'Seems to me RAM staff have absolutely no idea what 'exclusive' means. :dash1:

I reckon the Macquarie Dictionary will redefine it in a few years to include RAM's definition. Then, we'll have to find a new word to replace the word "exclusive". :dodgy:

kchan1111

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='108009' dateline='1493083397'
Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='108006' dateline='1493078815'Seems to me RAM staff have absolutely no idea what 'exclusive' means. :dash1:

I reckon the Macquarie Dictionary will redefine it in a few years to include RAM's definition. Then, we'll have to find a new word to replace the word "exclusive". :dodgy:

May be it wasn't an exclusive deal?

And technically "exclusive" may mean the only way to get those coins during the two weeks was with the purchase of the newspapers. Movies advertisements carry "Only in Theatres" but we all know it will be on DVD, streaming, broadcast TV eventually.

News Ltd must be aware of this when they sign the agreement.

trout

QuoteSeems to me RAM staff have absolutely no idea what 'exclusive' means.

I am pretty sure that they know the meaning of "Exclusive" But I think they are really struggling with  "Integrity" :angel:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

jens coins

These Anzac coins are reminding me so much of the Queens Birthday 3 coin set.

trout

Quote from: 'jens coins' pid='108014' dateline='1493084573'These Anzac coins are reminding me so much of the Queens Birthday 3 coin set.

That's exactly what I was thinking.:dodgy:
Seeing's as they managed to BS and Lie  their way out of the HM birthday coins  fiasco maybe RAM thinks that it is now Acceptable to do this sort of thing.?
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

JeffH

QuoteI think they are really struggling with "Integrity"
Well said Jim.

I don't think Newscorp would be worried. their promotion had finished prior. Surely the timing of the ram release is a coincidence!

"Because I don't like coincidence," Blunt replied. "In fact, I don't believe in coincidence. Where some people see coincidence, I see conspiracy. That's my job." ― Anthony Horowitz, Point Blank
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

runway

Quote from: 'jens coins' pid='108014' dateline='1493084573'These Anzac coins are reminding me so much of the Queens Birthday 3 coin set.
Indeed and also reminds me of the Holden Collection :idea:
Buy what gives you enjoyment

kchan1111

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='108019' dateline='1493092700'I don't think Newscorp would be worried. their promotion had finished prior. Surely the timing of the ram release is a coincidence!

They must know already when they had the agreement with RAM.