2017 Legends of ANZAC Coins

Started by kchan1111, March 18, 2017, 03:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hercules

It's not hard. Just tell them their newspapers are full of fluff and bias, and you don't like their overt support for X political party, where I'll let you decide what X is.

Triggersmob

I liked the copper coins so much, I bought another set of just those today to keep.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

seedyrom

The digital subscription + coins was $51.
I bought another full set off eBay for $56 delivered (I was more than happy to pay $5 to cover their efforts and postage).
I've been using the coupons out of the paper which gets delivered on the weekend as part of the digital subscription, to pick up another set of just the copper coins.

When my newsagent gets me the copper coins, I can see they have a heap of all the coins left over. Mustn't be popular in my area
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

kchan1111

Quote from: 'seedyrom' pid='107822' dateline='1492598925'The digital subscription + coins was $51.
I bought another full set off eBay for $56 delivered (I was more than happy to pay $5 to cover their efforts and postage).
I've been using the coupons out of the paper which gets delivered on the weekend as part of the digital subscription, to pick up another set of just the copper coins.

When my newsagent gets me the copper coins, I can see they have a heap of all the coins left over. Mustn't be popular in my area

Buying the whole set is not a bad deal. On average you are paying $3.64/coin. That's cheaper than getting the paper every day + $3. Plus no hassles every day.

I find that there are two kinds of newsagents. The ones that follows the rules and the ones that don't. The ones that don't have already sold all the coins soon after getting them because they treat it as free merchandise. The ones that do won't sell it to you without a token and they still have them on the day.

Hercules

I've also heard rumours about a third kind of newsagent, which doesn't follow the rules, but still has plenty left. I don't know how they do it, but they're extremely popular among one of my relatives. :)

brismike

There is a fourth kind of newsagent .. the kind that will give you all the coins in advance for payment in full, but does insist that you bring the tokens in each day. Saves a lot of time paying for them individually each day.

I was thinking of subscribing and then cancelling but I have friends saving tokens for me and on my daily work run I pick up a few tokens as well, so didn't bother to subscribe.

By the way the copper coins are steel plated copper, try putting a magnet next to one.

Cheers Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

kchan1111

Quote from: 'brismike' pid='107833' dateline='1492611347'There is a fourth kind of newsagent .. the kind that will give you all the coins in advance for payment in full, but does insist that you bring the tokens in each day. Saves a lot of time paying for them individually each day.

I was thinking of subscribing and then cancelling but I have friends saving tokens for me and on my daily work run I pick up a few tokens as well, so didn't bother to subscribe.

Once you have paid for your coins and took possession of them. What's stopping you from not going back with the tokens?

brismike

Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='107840' dateline='1492647515'
Quote from: 'brismike' pid='107833' dateline='1492611347'There is a fourth kind of newsagent .. the kind that will give you all the coins in advance for payment in full, but does insist that you bring the tokens in each day. Saves a lot of time paying for them individually each day.

I was thinking of subscribing and then cancelling but I have friends saving tokens for me and on my daily work run I pick up a few tokens as well, so didn't bother to subscribe.

Once you have paid for your coins and took possession of them. What's stopping you from not going back with the tokens?

A conscience .... this newsagent is really nice ..... and there will be more coins next year. I don't like burning my bridges.

Cheers Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

kchan1111

Quote from: 'seedyrom' pid='107811' dateline='1492580213'Set arrived today from Newscorp.

Now to ring up and cancel my subscription. Better prepare myself for the hard sell.

hey seedyrom, have you had much luck cancelling? What do you have to do? I was looking for a link to unsubscribe. My set arrived today. :yahoo:

I am paying with Paypal so I have logged in to Paypal and revoke the recurring payments.

Quote from: 'brismike' pid='107841' dateline='1492647852'
Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='107840' dateline='1492647515'
Quote from: 'brismike' pid='107833' dateline='1492611347'There is a fourth kind of newsagent .. the kind that will give you all the coins in advance for payment in full, but does insist that you bring the tokens in each day. Saves a lot of time paying for them individually each day.

I was thinking of subscribing and then cancelling but I have friends saving tokens for me and on my daily work run I pick up a few tokens as well, so didn't bother to subscribe.

Once you have paid for your coins and took possession of them. What's stopping you from not going back with the tokens?

A conscience .... this newsagent is really nice ..... and there will be more coins next year. I don't like burning my bridges.

Cheers Mike

Does News Ltd keep track of the tokens and returns? The newsagent probably doesn't care...

jens coins

To unsubscribe you usually have to phone them and they manually cancel your subscription.
Last year when I subscribed I told them I was cancelling as I only subscribed for the coins. They were ok with that.

Goldseeker

Ditto to Jens Coins comment above.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Hercules

Excellent! It would be a shame to have to run down their paper unnecessarily. Even the Daily Telegraph sometimes has some good articles, if you're able to find them amongst the junk. :good:

JeffH

The cartoon today (Warren's View p21) was the best part of the paper.
Probably also would have been in some of their other papers.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

seedyrom



I guess the bar isn't thaaaat high
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

JeffH

Thanks for that. I was hoping someone with a subscription with digital access could grab it.
I can only do that with the Sydney Morning Herald that I have a subscription for.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.