Predecimal Errors

Started by gnome, September 12, 2012, 08:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

ausjack

Might want to suss those sheets G as they're probably PVC mate.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

gnome

Yeah they are AJ, that's why they're separate. :) That's my junk pile stash :)

ausjack

A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

gnome

Ah that's proof alright,...... proof somebody was having a goodtime when he was putting it up for sale. :)

ausjack

:laugh2: got that right mate, didn't know pcgs were grading coins and not putting them into a slab..some people ;)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Unicorn

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='90130' dateline='1465207611'

Very nice RG!  It's not a tumour!!!

ausjack

A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Robster

A right royal pain in the neck!
\"Everything in moderation, including moderation\".

ausjack

Yes she really should have that looked at ;)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

robbiegal

Quote from: 'trout' pid='90137' dateline='1465211359'Those remind me of the "Frankenstein" penny :good:
I have a couple of the Frankenstein pennys here somewhere , Not sure where but I know I have them :angel:

I have seen this one called that




Quote from: 'gnome' pid='90161' dateline='1465252550'No worries robbiegal, it's an on going project for rainy days. :)


wow
love it

I adore a lot like that - makes my day every time!!

Unicorn

Frank is pretty cool RG! What year is it?

robbiegal


JeffH

Of course; a 1964 penny had to bob up sooner or later!
It was a very good year.

Is it true that the RAM actually made pennies in 1965, dated 1964 -to discourage hoarding?
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

robbiegal

not sure
I think there is evidence that they were minted in 1965 but still on the 1964 dies
not sure of the justification for the production

I had been told that the around 1962 the penny was hoarded when word got out about the changeover to decimal currency
if it's true we will start to see more beautiful 1962 uncs on the market

the 1970 captain cook specimen 50c was definitely hoarded - they are starting to show up everywhere

autocoupler

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='90194' dateline='1465294566'

1964 Huh. Franks very much RG :biggrin: Sorry uni, not a patch on you :blush:
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!