Ebay photos stolen

Started by jens coins, August 12, 2016, 07:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jens coins

I have had several images stolen from my listings and the seller wont remove them.
I contacted ebay and they can't do anything as they were not watermarked.

The seller is williamswanson123

this is one of the listings:
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252398371924?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The seller claims he sell 300 coins a week but most of the listings are not his photos.
I have sent a couple of messages to the original sellers on other listings of theirs.

This seller had a 20c wavy, but is probably not his coin either.

trout

I started watermarking my images ages ago.
I forgot how I did it but eBay automatically watermarks the images when I list them.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

robbiegal

i get suspicious when

the backgrounds are all different - check
the edges of the pictures have thick black lines - check
the feedback to unhappy customers is rude and arrogant - check

sorry about this for you Jen

yep the pictures of that wavy also do not match - as if it is from 2 or more listings/coins

ausjack

with 1178 sales he must have only stated just over three weeks ago if he's selling 300 a week but his sold list says in the last year and I very much suspect your right Jen and he's stolen heaps of his pic and some look like they've even come from the RAM site :dash1: Sorry there's so many unscrupulous people around that just don't care :(

Jesus I just done some more searching on this grub and couldn't believe this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australia-2015-1-One-Dollar-100-Years-Anzac-Coin-from-Wallet/262517119783?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140107090050%26meid%3D3c180fc6f8e4447cb0f56e17a00f002a%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D9%26sd%3D252393632800

look at the pic's, my god that's one person to stay well away from :@

and maybe he should consider learning how to spell, this was one of his negative comment left on his negative feedback. Instead should have an A in it and arrival is missing an R and I failed english but I can still spell better than this unit.

Maybe next time you should consider express postage insted of assuming arival
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

trout

Very Bad form and totally against eBay privacy rules to put a customers name and address on a listing just to "Bag" him.
I wonder if this seller is related to that "Sweetheart" Wendy Roberts ???
Reported :ok:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

robbiegal

me too
pretty darn nasty work here with this one
i have sent a message to the customer as well

thanks jen &  Aj for alerting us to this low life

Fulvio

Quote from: 'trout' pid='94370' dateline='1471004922'Reported :ok:

Likewise. And I asked him why he's stealing my friends' pics too.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

robbiegal

it's still up !!

surely this is illegal???
just for feedback  'i feel cheated'

trout

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='94383' dateline='1471009183'it's still up !!

surely this is illegal???
just for feedback  'i feel cheated'

Yes it is :dash1:
Reported again :ok:
Waiting now for this particular seller to sign in here and try to defend his/her toadish behaviour :angel:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

markn

Founder: Australian Coin Forum
The Australian Coin Collecting Blog

ausjack

I'd like to know what and when williamswanson said as he didn't put that up, just the comments from an unsatisfied customer. Imagine what the seller would do if you left really bad feedback :shock: That sort of thing is really uncalled for and if he doesn't like negative feedback he should remove himself from ebay.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

trout

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='94405' dateline='1471039552'I'd like to know what and when williamswanson said as he didn't put that up, just the comments from an unsatisfied customer. Imagine what the seller would do if you left really bad feedback :shock: That sort of thing is really uncalled for and if he doesn't like negative feedback he should remove himself from ebay.

From looking between the lines of the buyers replies it looks like this seller has bombarded the buyer with "Distasteful" messages in an effort to force a reversal  the Neg feedback left .
Many of us DO get unwarranted neg feedback from time to time But there is pretty much nothing that you can do about this, It's all just a part of selling on eBay.

Publicly degrading a buyer and publishing His postal address by putting this listing up is not only against eBay policy it is also childishly Spiteful and degrading to the buyer.
Definitely Not the action a decent and respectable seller would take.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Nevol

Quoteyep the pictures of that wavy also do not match - as if it is from 2 or more listings/coins  
That wavy looks manufactured to me.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/20-Cent-Coin-1966-Reverse-Die-WAVY-LINE-Baseline-Australian-ACTUAL-COIN-/262515285761?hash=item3d1f215f01:g:pN0AAOSwbYZXf3jB
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Basil

Quote from: 'trout' pid='94408' dateline='1471040339'Publicly degrading a buyer and publishing His postal address by putting this listing up is not only against eBay policy it is also childishly Spiteful and degrading to the buyer.
Definitely Not the action a decent and respectable seller would take.

Yeah,but unfortunately there are lots of ratbags on Ebay,all you can do is move on before it escalates into something more serious.
My Brother had his windscreen broken after a Ebay dispute in the early 2000's,seller sent him a different coin to the one in the listing and a war of words eventuated.It may have been a coincidence but most likely the Ebay guy did it,that means he was watching the house or obtained his Rego. from the DMT,both scary scenarios and ridiculous over a $100 coin.
Definition of Wisdom in a Man.\"...the moment in a persons journey through life life when he realises 99.9% of the people he meets & greets don\'t care about himself or his opinions\".

robbiegal

i contacted the customer
I don't think he understands the seriousness of what is going on here
i think it is downright illegal
anyways the personal information is still up there & I have tried to explain that to him
We'll see
Can't do much more than try to help another coin collector