Ebay photos stolen

Started by jens coins, August 12, 2016, 07:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robbiegal

this is disgraceful - that personal information is still in the listing
I honestly think this is a police matter

ausjack

Yes there must be something someone can do to make this clown take it down as feebay doesn't seem to care :(
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

jens coins

I have sent another message to ebay and will see what the response is. They say they respond in 48 hours.
I have put this ebayer on my blocked list.

trout

I tried to phone eBay about this but I was unable to get a phone number and the code that you usually get.
I did however email them about this instead of going via the report option.
This  listing should have been ended ages ago :dash1:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

ausjack

Yes there could be a lot of damage done in the time it's been up, I feel so sorry for the poor buyer :(
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

robbiegal

Quote from: 'trout' pid='94488' dateline='1471086152'I tried to phone eBay about this but I was unable to get a phone number and the code that you usually get.
I did however email them about this instead of going via the report option.
This  listing should have been ended ages ago :dash1:


thanks Jim
I have been in touch with the buyer and he has tried to explain to me that he can't read or write english
he said he will ask his son for help if he needs it
but i fear that he actually can't quite understand what I have written to him
i have said he was most welcome to contact me anytime for help and that I hate seeing people be bullied on ebay

ausjack

I think that's going a bit further than bullying and straight out harassment and should be liable as the seller hasn't posted his messages and from the response I'd say he had a lot to say that wasn't very nice.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

trout

QuoteRE: Other inappropriate behavior SR# 1-82979579820

Hi Jim,
 
Thank you for contacting eBay regarding your report about the seller posting the buyer's information on a listing.
 
What you need to do is to provide us the item number of the product for us to conduct a review and take necessary action based on your report. I am sorry if this was not removed within 24 hours but rest assured that once you have the item number provided I will have it forwarded to the appropriate department right away for immediate action to be taken.
 
Let me assure you that once we are able to get the details, we will be able to investigate the behaviour and listing activities of the sellers.
 
We look forward to your response.
 
Thank you for choosing eBay and have a great day.
 
 
 
Kind regards,
 
 
 
Bryan E.
eBay Trust & Safety

This is the response to my email, I have sent the item number.
I did send the link to the listing previously in my first email though :dodgy:

QuoteRE: RE: Other inappropriate behavior SR# 1-82979579820

Hi Jim,
 
Thank you for contacting eBay regarding your reported item and its seller.
 
What I am going to do is that I will report this to our listing removal team for the appropriate action to be taken against the seller and its item.
 
I really do apologise if such item was not acted in time. Please provide them 24 to 48 hours for the listing removal team to take action on your report.
 
The actions we take can include removing a listing, sending the member a warning, limiting buying and selling privileges, or even suspending the account. In some cases this means that the member may be allowed to continue to use eBay, but on a limited and closely monitored basis.
 
As you know, it's important to protect member privacy, so we can't share details of any action we've taken on this member's account.
 
If you see another questionable listing, please report it to us by using the 'Report item' link on the right side of the listing.
 
We appreciate your time bringing this to our attention and help us in making eBay a safe place to buy and sell.
 
 
 
Kind regards,
 
 
 
Bryan E.
eBay Trust & Safety

The listing shouldn't last too much longer now :good:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

ausjack

I like the very last line of their email, Trust & Safety, not seeing much of either :dodgy:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Fulvio

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='94550' dateline='1471133699'I like the very last line of their email, Trust & Safety, not seeing much of either :dodgy:

Its closely related to the Ministries of Love, Peace, Plenty, and Truth in "1984" :dodgy:
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

trout

They finally got rid of it :ok:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

jens coins

I received the same message from ebay as you did Jim.
Thanks for the help in getting the listing removed and thanks to AJ for pointing it out as I was only looking for copied photos and not the other photos in his listings.

The listing of my 50c coins has been removed and replaced by this one.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252499598460?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
It is the same photos with a bit more black around it.

I have sent another message for him to remove my photo by he hasn't replied to my message.

robbiegal

i did the 'report' route
but Jim's method worked better

this seller is a right B****
for sure

Thanks to everyone especially for helping out our little english as a second pal
poor blighter doesn't really understand what was going on

so at least he had some good people around to get things right

well done team ACF !!

jens coins

I received this message from the seller.

New message from: williamswanson123 Top Rated Seller(1,181Red Star)

For every message you send me after this one i am going to take another one of your photos and undercut your price. Maybe instead of wasting your time sending me messages and getting your friends to send me messages, you should put your time to better use and start watermarking your images.

robbiegal

now - are you able to get ebay to help with this threatening bastard?