2016 Coins Found in Circulation

Started by Nevol, February 29, 2016, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Peejay

I raided my local coin machine and got about 30 rolls of 2016 50c normal queens head. Tried to sell some had no luck so broke them up and noodled them for errors. Kept a few rolls just in case they are low mintage.

Goldseeker

Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Peejay


Goldseeker

Commonwealth Banking Corporation.........
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


JeffH

Try 'CBA' Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
'CBC' was the Commercial Banking Company which merged with the National Bank in 1982 (now known as 'NAB').
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Goldseeker

Oops I was wrong again, solly folks.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


ausjack

Yes off to the naughty corner with you GS :mocking:

Ok you can come out now for being a good boy :)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Goldseeker

Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Mister T

A friend got a slightly weathered plain 10c and a shiny new plain $2 today.

robbiegal

Quote from: 'Peejay' pid='96333' dateline='1472622066'I raided my local coin machine and got about 30 rolls of 2016 50c normal queens head. Tried to sell some had no luck so broke them up and noodled them for errors. Kept a few rolls just in case they are low mintage.

??? do you make up the rolls yourself?
if so how do you so it?

trout

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='97539' dateline='1473467608'
Quote from: 'Peejay' pid='96333' dateline='1472622066'I raided my local coin machine and got about 30 rolls of 2016 50c normal queens head. Tried to sell some had no luck so broke them up and noodled them for errors. Kept a few rolls just in case they are low mintage.

??? do you make up the rolls yourself?
if so how do you so it?

many banks (Not Mine) have roll dispensing machines :ok:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Hercules

Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='95912' dateline='1472385909'
Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='95908' dateline='1472384802'Are you in the bush too Mister T :huh:

No, in the city. Seems like South East Queensland is currently a dead-zone for 2016-dated coins.

I find this ironic because I've lived in other capital cities that took much longer to get new coins than Brisbane.

Nevertheless, there are at least three 2016-dated coins in the wild here (excluding the Woolworths ones), although two of them are almost as scarce as the thylacine (and the coins with the thylacines).

Mister T

I've seen:
10c - plain
50c - plain
50c - commemorative
$1 - plain
$2 - plain
The only one that's appeared in any numbers yet is the commemorative 50c but it seems to have dried up in the last few weeks.

ausjack

Well yesterday I did a bag of 50's, $1 & $2 and still no 2016 but it's usually not until really late in the year or the following year that the previous year turns up and by then they're pretty bloody rough as they've been in the pond for a while.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Hercules

I just went through another 12 rolls ($48 worth) of 10c coins. There were three 2015s, but no 2016s. :@

Edit: I just got something similar from 12 rolls ($24 worth) of 5c coins. There were six 2015s, but no 2016s. However, I did find two 1972s, so that easily makes up for the lack of 2016s. :yahoo: