2016 Coins Found in Circulation

Started by Nevol, February 29, 2016, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JeffH

I picked up my first changeover $1 in noodling this morning.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

trout

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='103731' dateline='1483993169'I picked up my first changeover $1 in noodling this morning.

Cool, Looks like they are finally releasing some into circulation :good:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Hercules

Quote from: 'brismike' pid='103716' dateline='1483959130'Very interesting Hercules. What year were the Anzac $1 coins? I hsve only ever seen 2014 ones in circulation in Brisbane.

Cheers Mike

They're all 2016.

This is what I found last year:

2014 Standard $1: 7 (0.1%)
2015 Standard $1: 184 (3.8%)
2016 Standard $1: 2 (N/A)

2014 ANZAC $1: 165 (3.4%)
2015 ANZAC $1: 5 (0.1%)
2016 ANZAC $1: 0 (N/A)

This is what I've found this year (so far):

2014 Standard $1: 2 (0.3%)
2015 Standard $1: 23 (3.2%)
2016 Standard $1: 30 (4.2%)

2014 ANZAC $1: 21 (2.9%)
2015 ANZAC $1: 0 (0.0%)
2016 ANZAC $1: 10 (1.4%)

Based on these early figures, I think the 2016 ANZAC $1 is going to be very common in Brisbane, but the 2015 ANZAC $1 has always been tough to find and requires copious amounts of noodling. Mind you, my statistics show that it's only slightly scarcer than the 2014 MoR, so if you have a 2014 MoR, it shouldn't be very long until you find a 2015 ANZAC $1. :)

JeffH

I have found plenty of ANZAC dollars. So far around 50% of them are 2014, 30% 2015 and 20% 2016 in recent weeks. Now awaiting to see how long before 1017 2017 turn up.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Hercules

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='103739' dateline='1484006253'I have found plenty of ANZAC dollars. So far around 50% of them are 2014, 30% 2015 and 20% 2016 in recent weeks. Now awaiting to see how long before 1017 turn up.

I think you'll be waiting a very long time for a 1017 one. :laugh2:

JeffH

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='103740' dateline='1484006872'
Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='103739' dateline='1484006253'I have found plenty of ANZAC dollars. So far around 50% of them are 2014, 30% 2015 and 20% 2016 in recent weeks. Now awaiting to see how long before 2017 turn up.

I think you'll be waiting a very long time for a 1017 one. :laugh2:

You're right -my tardis is broken down.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

ausjack

:dodgy: NO I'm not calling you the Dr :laugh2:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Hercules

I've just finished noodling another batch of 5c, 10c and 20c coins, and my results confirm what I stated last night. This is what I found:

Standard 5c: 0
Changeover 5c: 0

Standard 10c: 22 (4.6%)
Changeover 10c: 3 (0.6%)

Standard 20c: 7 (3.9%)
Changeover 20c: 0

Thus, it appears that only three of the Changeover coins are circulating in Brisbane in significant quantities.

ausjack

Another couple of years and I should be getting them here.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Hercules

I just got a record haul of the 2016 Standard $2: 29/300 coins, or almost 10% of the entire batch. I also got 5 Olympic/Paralympic coins, but only 1 Changeover coin, so the Changeover coins seem to be in very short supply. Perhaps they sold too many to collectors... :dodgy:

Mister T

I'm starting to see a few of the plain 5c pieces - got three from $22 worth the other day and one from a family member today.

Hercules

Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='104107' dateline='1484737251'I'm starting to see a few of the plain 5c pieces - got three from $22 worth the other day and one from a family member today.

One of my family members found one a couple of weeks ago, but the rolls are still bone dry. I'm beginning to suspect that either the turnover of the 5c rolls is lower than the other denominations, or businesses are simply more willing to return 5c pieces than the other denominations. In either case, it would take longer than the usual month for newly-released coins to make it into rolls - I just don't know how much longer. :)

Hercules

I just noodled my first 2016 5c! :yahoo: And no, it wasn't a changeover one.

ausjack

Well done Herc, so do you have them all now?
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

trout

I have still only found both of the 50c coins standard issue and the changeover coin, I have yet to see any of the other coins in my change.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum