New $5 note

Started by jens coins, February 11, 2016, 09:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ausjack

:welcome: alex and Tas, hope ya's enjoy the forum :)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

robbiegal

has anyone heard that the new notes are tearing?

ausjack

I wouldn't be one bit surprised RG, they're more worried about prattling on about all the new security features :dodgy:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

JeffH

My bank now has a poster up explaining the security features but no new notes. The teller said she might try ordering some more but would not be surprised if Armaguard still delivers old notes. Doesn't seem to have much faith in Armaguard and a second teller indicated agreement.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

trout

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='97038' dateline='1473034055'My bank now has a poster up explaining the security features but no new notes. The teller said she might try ordering some more but would not be surprised if Armaguard still delivers old notes. Doesn't seem to have much faith in Armaguard and a second teller indicated agreement.

You would think that all the old notes that armaguard have would have been returned for destruction and be replaced with the new notes.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Fulvio

Quote from: 'trout' pid='97039' dateline='1473034393'You would think that all the old notes that armaguard have would have been returned for destruction and be replaced with the new notes.

C'mon.. this is Armaguard we're talking about. Epic fail of Woolies proportion. :P
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

trout

Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='97042' dateline='1473037358'
Quote from: 'trout' pid='97039' dateline='1473034393'You would think that all the old notes that armaguard have would have been returned for destruction and be replaced with the new notes.

C'mon.. this is Armaguard we're talking about. Epic fail of Woolies proportion. :P

Fair call Mate :)
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

kanjoe07

Quote from: 'Fulvio' pid='96799' dateline='1472874791'
Quote from: 'kanjoe07' pid='96777' dateline='1472868515'I teach Business Management and Economics

Awesome! Where at? Capital city, obviously, but which? :)

A boys' school in Perth's Western Suburbs
\"It\'s like you want us to make fun of you\" - Barney Stinson on Canadian money

kchan1111

Has anyone spotted any first prefixes? Other than RG on FB?

I went to RBA to try my luck again. I asked the girl there, since I can pay her using cash. Is it OK if I check the prefixes, then if not AA I buy a new bundle using the old bundle. She said you can, but she will need to fill in a form each time. (Mine you it was not a complicated form.) I think I would cause a riot if there is a long queue. But on a quiet day I probably can get away with it. She tried to discourage me by saying they don't have any, but she also said it's random.

Should I do it?


ausjack

:dodgy: and the vultures circle :zomby:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.


Fulvio

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='97094' dateline='1473081871'AA'S ON EBAY

Are they on drugs? Or, more to the point, are the bidders?

Ten million notes is not my idea of 'rare' or 'valuable'.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

trout

I think that many of the new collectors that these new coloured $2 coins have created are pretty much in a league of their own as far as intelligence, common sense and morality are concerned, Facebook is not the ideal hunting ground if searching for the intelligentsia :angel:

There is indeed a new breed of collector out there that is used to instant gratification and the many numismatic Rockspiders out there are having a feeding frenzy  on this naïve and greedy new blood :dodgy:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Pedro

Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='97088' dateline='1473076882'Should I do it?

Yes :angel:

Pedro