34/33 Overdate 3d

Started by Basil, August 02, 2015, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Basil

A bit quiet so i thought i would post these Pics,purchased a Aldi Microscope that they have on sale this week,works OK and the Pics. seem clearer that my el-cheapo Ebay USB scope but getting an error mesage every 5 mins. or so and Windows(8.1) shuts the "camapp" down,will try & sort when i get more time.

Nice early mint eg of a overdate 3d and a bar between the C & T of Victoria on a 34 Florin i've never noticed before.





Definition of Wisdom in a Man.\"...the moment in a persons journey through life life when he realises 99.9% of the people he meets & greets don\'t care about himself or his opinions\".

oh my florin

Nice zoom mate you would give Mazda a run for their money :P

ausjack

A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

JeffH

Is it worth the $49.99 to make a trip to Aldi, do you think?
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Basil

I think so Jeff,they're been around for a few years now(Traveller branded) and seem to work OK,bit of surprise to be getting the SW crashing but it may be my computer,Video card or PS dying as its going nearly 24/7.I have a new computer ready to go so will try it on that next week.
The 200 zoom is super powerful and not much use on coins,unless you like counting dust spots, but only got it yesterday so i may have some tricks to learn.I've been using the 60x mainly today and seems excellent for fine detail on Coins.
Definition of Wisdom in a Man.\"...the moment in a persons journey through life life when he realises 99.9% of the people he meets & greets don\'t care about himself or his opinions\".

ausjack

I have a traveller, thanks to a very special member :hi: Only thing that lets them down a bit is like I put in another post here somewhere is that you can't take full size pic's of the coins and some you need to take on an angle but they do the job :good: The best one's I've seen that other members have are the little tube type one's like in the link below where you can move it in different direction but would have to ask what the best one is and if the 500 is better than the 1000 or vice versa.
http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R4.TR12.TRC2.A0.H1.Xusb+mi.TRS0&_nkw=usb+microscope&_sacat=0
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Robster

\"Everything in moderation, including moderation\".

Unicorn

:i_agree: They seem to be much better than the ones I get from my Kaiser Bass.

Nevol

I also purchased an ALDI one on Sat, but I'm returning it next visit.  Can't get whole coin in image, taking a pic is a pain in the ass and overall control is vastly inferior to my Kaiser Baas (no longer marketed by them), but I think places like Dick Smith, J-Car and maybe a couple other electronic places (names escape me) may still sell them.
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Unicorn

:laugh2: The (poorer) quality images I get from my KB are more likely related to the operator than the equipment.

ausjack

what's wrong with your pic's Uni, they look ok to me :)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

JeffH

Quotea couple other electronic places (names escape me)
Altronics is another.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Unicorn

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='76918' dateline='1438555217'what's wrong with your pic's Uni, they look ok to me :)

All my pics on the forum (well at least 99%) are from my trusty old camera rather than the scope. The camera does a pretty good job (once you pick the photo from the 100 you took). I have my new camera, but still in the process of making a stand for it (I can't hold it still enough :laugh2: ).

Basil

Quote from: 'Nevol' pid='76916' dateline='1438554308'I also purchased an ALDI one on Sat, but I'm returning it next visit.  Can't get whole coin in image, taking a pic is a pain in the ass and overall control is vastly inferior to my Kaiser Baas (no longer marketed by them), but I think places like Dick Smith, J-Car and maybe a couple other electronic places (names escape me) may still sell them.

As AJ said you can't get a complete coin in the image but i found everything else OK(so far). I found if you remove the slide clips and put the coin on a piece of cardboard you can jiggle it around to get required image.  

Has anyone got the 200x working on the Aldi one,any tips?
Definition of Wisdom in a Man.\"...the moment in a persons journey through life life when he realises 99.9% of the people he meets & greets don\'t care about himself or his opinions\".

ausjack

I hear ya Uni as I still like the old trusted camera but I too shake too much.

No sorry Basil as it zooms in way too much so I find I either use the 10x or the 60x but most of the time it's 10.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.