34/33 Overdate 3d

Started by Basil, August 02, 2015, 01:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Basil

Quote from: 'Unicorn' pid='76921' dateline='1438559909'All my pics on the forum (well at least 99%) are from my trusty old camera rather than the scope. The camera does a pretty good job (once you pick the photo from the 100 you took). I have my new camera, but still in the process of making a stand for it (I can't hold it still enough :laugh2: ).

Thanks AJ....camera is the best way to get Pics. of complete coin but i don't have the patience or skill to persevere so gone back to a high Res. scanner.
I used a mini tripod for the camera so no problem with keeping it steady but i ended giving up as it took so much time for each coin and could never get the lighting correct.
Definition of Wisdom in a Man.\"...the moment in a persons journey through life life when he realises 99.9% of the people he meets & greets don\'t care about himself or his opinions\".

ausjack

yes lighting and everything else doesn't make it as easy as it sounds :(
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

autocoupler

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='76924' dateline='1438561200'I too shake too much.

I like to take predniosone when doing pics, it causes me to shake  opposite to my natural weave and smooths it all out :laugh2::laugh2: no no I'm telling fibs Mate :laugh2::laugh2:
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

JeffH

Have you tried red wine? Comes highly recommended by several forum members.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Unicorn

Yes, "Crack a wine" on ya "Kwaka Nine" or after "Hole Number Nine" does have a certain familiar ring to it!

btw: Robster, how's that Coopers tunnel coming along?

Robster

I took A.J.'s suggestion last week and played golf on Monday and Thursday. Scored 2nd place cheque on both days but tore a muscle in my back and are now laid up on the lounge sorting halfpennies.
Luckily I have a small reserve of rum to help ease the pain.
I purchased an old enlarger stand for about $20 from a camera shop to mount my camera when taking pics, was a cheap but good 'fix'.! I would show you a pic but it is stuck to the camera.! :shok:
\"Everything in moderation, including moderation\".

Unicorn

:laugh2: .... Sorry to hear about your back Robster ..... I now have visions of Dr Smith from Lost on Space on a lounge sorting 1/2ds ...... oh the pain, the pain ...... :laugh2: ..... love the stand comment.

Warning Will Robinson ......!!!

Nah, seriously, I hope your back gets better soon. :angel:

ausjack

Quote from: 'autocoupler' pid='76936' dateline='1438580017'
Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='76924' dateline='1438561200'I too shake too much.

I like to take predniosone when doing pics, it causes me to shake  opposite to my natural weave and smooths it all out :laugh2::laugh2: no no I'm telling fibs Mate :laugh2::laugh2:

:laugh2: your a trick mate, just love ya work :winkextra:

Quote from: 'Robster' pid='76943' dateline='1438589268'I took A.J.'s suggestion last week and played golf on Monday and Thursday. Scored 2nd place cheque on both days but tore a muscle in my back and are now laid up on the lounge sorting halfpennies.
Luckily I have a small reserve of rum to help ease the pain.
I purchased an old enlarger stand for about $20 from a camera shop to mount my camera when taking pics, was a cheap but good 'fix'.! I would show you a pic but it is stuck to the camera.! :shok:

I meant forget the golf and go straight to the 19th hole and get an ale and a plate of hot chips but don't tell ya missus, as far as she's concerned I meant play golf :angel:

Quote from: 'Unicorn' pid='76944' dateline='1438589769':laugh2: .... Sorry to hear about your back Robster ..... I now have visions of Dr Smith from Lost on Space on a lounge sorting 1/2ds ...... oh the pain, the pain ...... :laugh2: ..... love the stand comment.

Warning Will Robinson ......!!!


Nah, seriously, I hope your back gets better soon. :angel:

Uni as usual I'm just lost for words mate :dodgy: your a cack :laugh2: :laugh2:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

autocoupler

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='76937' dateline='1438580543'Have you tried red wine? Comes highly recommended by several forum members.

Most definitely, and never fails to do the job. Heh, with a name like Clean Skins, why wouldn't it help when in a tight spot :grin:
As we age we lose three things, one is our memory and arrrrr I\'ve forgotten the other two!

Basil

Another coin from a bulk-buy,not a normal OD but seems to have the back loop from the top of the 3 showing,cleaned as much muck away as i could,something going on under the 4.Not sure if there are any other markers on the Reverse/Obverse to look for?





Definition of Wisdom in a Man.\"...the moment in a persons journey through life life when he realises 99.9% of the people he meets & greets don\'t care about himself or his opinions\".

gnome

Interesting coin there Basil. The right side arrow looks pretty flat. Picked up one recently myself as well.


Basil

Quote from: 'gnome' pid='85178' dateline='1456973298'The right side arrow looks pretty flat. Picked up one recently myself as well.


Yeah,nice Coin with clear overdate,my Coin is a 'whats going on' type.
Definition of Wisdom in a Man.\"...the moment in a persons journey through life life when he realises 99.9% of the people he meets & greets don\'t care about himself or his opinions\".

robbiegal

Quote from: 'gnome' pid='85178' dateline='1456973298'Interesting coin there Basil. The right side arrow looks pretty flat. Picked up one recently myself as well.



you have been very busy!!

runway

Quote from: 'gnome' pid='85178' dateline='1456973298'Interesting coin there Basil. The right side arrow looks pretty flat. Picked up one recently myself as well.


Great image gnome :wavemulticolor:
Buy what gives you enjoyment

gnome

Thanks, sometimes they turn out pretty good, sometimes not so lucky.