Anzac Coin Collection released by News Corp Australia

Started by purplepennyhunter, March 23, 2015, 05:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

PNC king

the coins are legal tender and if you want to complete your 20 cent set they are essential

ausjack

NCLT are just granny bait and can make it very expensive to make a set :( hence I don't make sets..except pre-decimal proof :)

:scratch_one-s_head: so how long until I find one in the pond being legal tender :winkextra:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

trout

Quotethe coins are legal tender and if you want to complete your 20 cent set they are essential
Hmmm, a bit like the ABC coins are essential to have for your dollar set that was the nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned.
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

runway

The Newscorp 20c coins were affordable and very nice and it introduced a lot more people into collecting which is not a bad thing
Buy what gives you enjoyment

JeffH

Quoteso how long until I find one in the pond being legal tender
Probably not long for the first, free one to start turning up from people that collected that the first day but never got another one. EBay was swamped with albums and a free coin but not many takers on them.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

runway

100k of the 20c,13.5k of the $1
Low mintages especially the $1 coin
These are not tokens
Buy what gives you enjoyment

ausjack

can you show me where you get your info from????????

a lot of bullshit going on in the forum at the moment and people not saying where they're getting their alleged info from so we can look at it our selves so it make it all pretty dubious to say the least, sick and tired of all this secret squirrel crap and you wonder why people can't be bothered posting or even coming on :dodgy:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

runway

AJ the Newscorp coins were not secret
They were advertised in Daily Telegraph weeks before they were available
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Goldseeker

I have been reliably informed that the 15 coin folder has been selling around by dealers for $450.00.

If that is so, I shall sell mine to them and make a wee profit unless someone here wants a full folder set of these coins.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


runway

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='80184' dateline='1443608107'I have been reliably informed that the 15 coin folder has been selling around by dealers for $450.00.

If that is so, I shall sell mine to them and make a wee profit unless someone here wants a full folder set of these coins.
Well good on them if collectors see these and pay $450 :wavemulticolor:
Buy what gives you enjoyment

stevo1962

It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

runway

stevo1962 exactly and anyone whinging about these as overpriced should check out the link
I missed out and bought a set a few months ago for $140 which I thought expensive at the time I just wanted the $1 poppy
Buy what gives you enjoyment

runway

People concerned about how the cardboard will effect the obverse of these coins should note that the $1 Poppy coin has protection on both sides.
I can't comment about the 20c coins whether or not the obverse is in direct contact with the card as I've never ripped the card apart to see.
I received my slabbed poppy coin a few weeks ago from APGS and wow they look great slabbed
Buy what gives you enjoyment

ausjack

are you talking about APCGS or PCGS runway as there is one hell of a BIG difference between the two and I for one wouldn't have an APCGS if you paid me
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

ausjack

:scratch_one-s_head: what no answer runway, so I take it you mean APCGS :dash1: And here I was thinking you had more sense :winkextra:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.