Anzac Coin Collection released by News Corp Australia

Started by purplepennyhunter, March 23, 2015, 05:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

purplepennyhunter

RAM media release

Newspaper

I am trying to decipher this information. 20c legal tender coins and a dollar coin??? Discussions welcome.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Oldcoinchest

Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='69544' dateline='1427095376'RAM media release

Newspaper

I am trying to decipher this information. 20c legal tender coins and a dollar coin??? Discussions welcome.

This can only be a good thing, News agents being the main retailers for this program will get the attention of a lot of people. Stacks more people walk into a newsagent store over a coin store. Even if 90% of people don't give it a second look it still more attention than any other coin program released recently will get. Herald Sun onboard aswell I think this will be very cool program. This will create more collectors which is a good thing.
May your coin searches be fun and your gradings true

JeffH

I checked through this and it only appears to be available to purchaser of the Herald Sun at Victorian newsagents?
I will ask my newsagent tomorrow and report back. I can assure you the Herald Sun is not available here.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

triplewitch

Pictures of the coins here. Click the downward arrow at the bottom.
http://heraldsun.keeptheanzacstoriesalive.com/app/#/

Apparently the set can be purchased directly from the Herald Sun.  Check out the FAQs:
http://heraldsun.keeptheanzacstoriesalive.com/app/#/faq
(Click on Read All FAQs and scroll down to
My newsagent does not have any of the ANZAC Coins left. What can I do to get the ANZAC Official Coin Collection?)
I guess that last link doesn't work well. Sorry. Click on the question mark on the left hand side of the page.
-John

purplepennyhunter

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='69546' dateline='1427097507'I can assure you the Herald Sun is not available here.

Well I think that's also the case in SA.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Oldcoinchest

Wow! How quickly did that change my opinion. Just Victoria? That's Crap. Im here, lucky me but I feel the whole country should have the opportunity to get new legal tender coins. I tried to do a postcode search but nothing happened. I will try to check out a couple tomorrow to see what the go is, apparently members can get the complete set before hand with a poppy $1 coin also. I will return!!
May your coin searches be fun and your gradings true

triplewitch

From the FAQs:
If you are a digital and/or bundled (digital & home delivery) Member, you are eligible to buy the special 15 Coin ANZAC Official Coin Collection for $45.00 (including postage and handling) from the +Rewards Member portal, heraldsun.com.au/rewards, from Wednesday April 1, 2015. The 15th coin is a $1 coloured coin, themed WW1 War Heroes. It is not available for purchase in store. Limit one redemption per offer, per person. Limited to first 2,000 collections. Offer ends April 30, 2015 or while stocks last.
-John

Goldseeker

I have checked news corps website and it looks like they do do news papers in most states so it is not just Victoria that will secure these coins.

There are something like 25 newspapers issued by News Corp that cover most, if not all Australian States so this offer is available to all everywhere by the looks of it.

Please check the News Corp website to see what papers, if any, they sell in your state and go for it.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


runway

I like the idea however don't think these will be Legal Tender tokens
Buy what gives you enjoyment

triplewitch

-John

Goldseeker

Quote from: 'runway' pid='69574' dateline='1427118300'I like the idea however don't think these will be Legal Tender tokens

The tokens are to be used to collect your coin from the newsagency as I believe it.  

One swaps the token for a legal tender 20c piece.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Cougar

I just spoke to my local newsagent here in Adelaide this morning and he confirmed that this will be run here also. He was informed no less than 30 minutes before I spoke with him by the Adelaide Advertiser rep, so it was a recent confirmation on things.

Oldcoinchest

Spoke to herald sun this morning and he seem to think that other major newspapers in different states will be running the program aswell which is great. I know if you take out a 7 day subscription with the herald sun you can pre order the full set for $45 with the $1 poppy coin, I think the poppy coin has limited mintage with herald sun of 2000, wether this is the same for other states I am not sure.
May your coin searches be fun and your gradings true

JeffH

Nothing I can find on the Newscorp website (apart from the link in the original post that is only the Herald Sun, Victoria) and RAM page doesn't give a link. I hope it doesn't end up another fiasco like the RSL $2 red poppy.

My newsagent doesn't know anything about this promotion.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Australian coin

pictures :angel:, not fun to put together, that has exhausted me