Anzac Coin Collection released by News Corp Australia

Started by purplepennyhunter, March 23, 2015, 05:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

triplewitch

You did a good job with the pictures, dear. Thank you. Where did you find the dollar?  I must have missed it as usual.
-John

interest

We were wondering about these at the beginning of the year & here they now are.

20 cents

JeffH

Well a bit more information now.
It is an Australia wide promotion -information tucked away in here. A nice story.
Here is the list of papers participating in the ANZAC coin issue...Legacy, News Corp - Westpac Announcement

Now the real question -how are the coins being handled and what quality can we expect when we receive them?
[I won't comment on the company that the RAM has selected for this issue. It could develop into a rant about an Australian media billionaire who renounced his citizenship purely for even more personal gain.]
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Goldseeker

The coins, from information I received from the Herald Sun representative today by phone, will be encpsultated and mounted in a cardboard slip.

Sounds similar to the counterstamp coins mounting to me or the coloured coin issues from the RAM.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


runway

Buy what gives you enjoyment

Splock

This explains the interview I did the other week! The Herald Sun wanted to interview a coin collector with a brief reference to the Anzac centenary. I gave them some stuff on why we do what we do, explained that it's more about the story than value of the piece to a lot of collectors, and talked about how a beat up 1915 florin could tell a tale or two over a NCLT piece. I think they'll run it as part of the campaign. Hopefully this will get a few more younger collectors involved in the hobby.
Numismatists Don\'t Fear Change


Goldseeker

OK folks, I sent an email to the RAM re the News Corp coins and the official coins that are to be issued by the RAM.

This is there reply:

QUOTE
Dear Bruce,

Thank you for contacting the Royal Australian Mint.

The Mint has worked with News Corp to produce the limited 14-part coin collection. The coin collection will start being available from 11 April with the purchase of a News Corp paper, only through participating newsagents. These coins are not available for purchase through our retail channels.

If you are interested in purchasing through our channels we have a number of special commemorative coins available as part of the Official Anzac Centenary Coin Program and you can learn about them here:
http://www.ramint.gov.au/designs/products/ACCP_info.cfm

The coins produced for the News Corp promotion are in addition to our Official Anzac Centenary Coin Program.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Team
Royal Australian Mint
UNQUOTE

So that gives me the impression that there will be nine 20c pieces issued by the RAM and then an additional 14 by News Corp.   In total, 23 separate 20c pieces.

Would anyone like to comment on the contents of the reply from the RAM and my assumption that I have made.

Adverse comments will not make me an enemy of you so comment away.


Quote from: 'interest' pid='69630' dateline='1427202208'We were wondering about these at the beginning of the year & here they now are.

20 cents

I have counted only nine descriptions of 20c pieces on the attached determinations.

So maybe there is another determination somewhere for the 14 coins that News Corp are going to issue.

Further, I can't find any determination for the News Corp $1.

So folks, what is happening?
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


Australian coin

my dear the coins are declared over 3 different pages! I have done a check for you, now my little source gave me info about stuff so yeah I have got it covered.

so it is 14 x 20c
and a $1

take chill pill


Goldseeker

Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


runway

It'll be very interesting to see how many of these same coins will be released in different packaging during the year.
The response you got from RAM is an autoreply which says absolutely SFA about addressing your question.
Customer Service "Team" yeah right
Buy what gives you enjoyment

JeffH

My newsagent is participating and already has the coins.

I wonder if these are worth the cost when you add the price of the unwanted newspaper to the $3 price per coin -I already have a subscription to a competing newspaper.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

Bigfellani5

I spoke to the telegraph on Friday and all 20c pieces and the $1 coin will all be available to 7 day home delivery customers on a one set per household basis. You can order all coins starting Monday week as a prepay item. The $1 coin is only available to 7 day home delivery customers only. It will not be available through newsagents.

JeffH

Thanks for that extra information. Sounds like the RAM has sold its soul to Rupert Murdoch and genuine collectors be damned!
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.

runway

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='69771' dateline='1427578178'My newsagent is participating and already has the coins.

I wonder if these are worth the cost when you add the price of the unwanted newspaper to the $3 price per coin -I already have a subscription to a competing newspaper.
Hi JeffH has your newsagent proved they have the coins?
Buy what gives you enjoyment

JeffH

I saw the boxes stacked up. Didn't actually see inside one.
Thinking is dangerous, it makes you think. That\'s why many people avoid it.