Hello and Welcome

Started by Nevol, September 09, 2012, 09:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

accumulator

Hi Pedro good to see you here, i just felt i've been Apple for so long i needed a change plus Apple is actually my horses name which really has nothing to do with Numismatics so wanted to have an ID that more suits what i do in Numismatics & mostly what i do is accumulate so thats the thoughts behind the ID change.:good:

BCNumismatics

Hi,everyone!

I must be the only one from New Zealand on here so far.

It's great to see some familiar names here.

This forum needs to be promoted,such as in a signature link of a profile up on forums,such as http://www.cointalk.com & http://www.coincommunity.com .

Hopefully,we will get more members of those forums joining up here as well.

I've posted a couple of links up on Facebook.

Aidan.
Aidan Work.

My banknote & postal order photos; http://www.banknotebank.com/collection/BCNumismatics .

My coin photos; http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/BCNumismatics .

Please let me know what you think.

Fulvio

Hi guys. We really must stop meeting like this.... I went to log in for one of my rare stops, and there it was, all gone! AGAIN! :(

Which reminded me I'd been meaning to set up a Google Group a few years ago, and never got around to it. If I had, we wouldn't have lost touch when the forum vanished.

So, how many of you have Google accounts already? And are you on Google+ yet (Facebook is soooo yesterday, and declining rapidly)? I've found with other groups that the combination of Groups and G+ provides a powerful and flexible set of tools to stay in touch, with or without a Forum. Forums are great, but they suffer from two big downsides... You have to log in, and if they go down you lose absolutely everything, as we've found out repeatedly.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

rggoodie

Do you work for Google? This is your second post about changing from the forum to a Google Group???????
\"catch em doing something right\"

Australian coin

:pirate: Aaaarrrrgggghhhh! Walk the plank

Fulvio

I didn't say anything about changing. I said in parallel. Think of it like having both a letterbox and an email address.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

terrine

Hello Noob here
Was doing a little online research today and came accross a link to your forum. Been collecting decimal and predecimal Oz for about 10 years, hope to learn heaps.
Peter:thank_you:

purplepennyhunter

:welcome:, tomorrow is ask any stupid question day so feel free to ask anything you like of us.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

rggoodie

Quote from: 'purplepennyhunter' pid='950' dateline='1348743647':welcome:, tomorrow is ask any stupid question day so feel free to ask anything you like of us.

And that would make tomorrow different from any other day How?:taunt:
:laughingneqw:
\"catch em doing something right\"

Triggersmob

Thanks for the invite Nancy and a big hello to all the members.
I look forward to getting to know you all.
My name is Steve and I have been collecting coins for about 43 years, with some big gaps in the middle.
Nice to see lots of familiar names here, even though I haven't been a member of the Aussie forums before.
I collect world coins, but I see you have section for that, so I should feel right at home.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Nevol

Hey Steve, gotcha!  :welcome: I wondered if you'd take the bait. :yahoo:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Triggersmob

Yeah, you got me.
As if I don't spend enough time on the forums as it is. :)

Steve
Steve

OFEC count = 258

rggoodie

Welcome Tiggersmob- been a long time!
\"catch em doing something right\"

Triggersmob

Hi Richard,

I've been around, just don't post much.

Steve :)
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Australian coin