Hello and Welcome

Started by Nevol, September 09, 2012, 09:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

purplepennyhunter

There's no easy way to do that..........thinking
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

markn

Quote from: 'naomi_j86' pid='304' dateline='1347420212'Hi There,
I somehow ended up finding a link to this new forum! Hooray!!

I also noticed the old acbo forum was up again... should we perhaps save the important info from the old site?

~Naomi.

The internet pixies are working on it.  It's looking promising right now but I won't know for a few hours if it will be successful or not.
Founder: Australian Coin Forum
The Australian Coin Collecting Blog

WavyTwenty

It is possible to do it using this method: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1761395

But I dont have access to the database on this server here.  maybe markn could look at it??

Wavy20

Nevol

QuoteThe internet pixies are working on it
Those internet pixies are worth their weight in GOLD!
:wavemulticolor:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

accumulator

Hello to everyone here already,i think i know most of you & you know me as apple on others forums.:imnewhere:
Thanks to Australian Coin for the invite.:yahoo:

Nevol

Hi accumulator and :welcome: I wondered who it was that beat me to dragging you across. Good old AC! :yahoo:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

Australian coin


accumulator

Hi guys, I've gotta do some looking around & get things sorted but glad to be here.:D

markn

Quote from: 'WavyTwenty' pid='307' dateline='1347425333'It is possible to do it using this method: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1761395

But I dont have access to the database on this server here.  maybe markn could look at it??

Wavy20

This isn't a phpbb board so that method would result in a separate phpbb board which would be fine but require a database and webserver to actually view it. I've got a method of crawling the acbo board and downloading it to a bunch of static html files which would allow dvd copies to be made which seems like a better idea from and archiving point of view.  Just a couple of little things to work out and I will set the script running.
Founder: Australian Coin Forum
The Australian Coin Collecting Blog

interest

I would like to say hello to everyone.
Keeping my old userid.
A big thank you

trout

Hi to everyone:drinks:
Thanks for the invite AC:yahoo:
I think I'm here as the token "Grumpy old fart" but Hay I;m enjoying myself:dance2:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Australian coin


accumulator

Welcome to all the newest members,hope to see some of you posting.

Hi to ken65 good to see you here ken :good:

Pedro

Hello folks,

Good to see some familiar and not so familiar names.

Nancy & Apple?? what happened (ie the jump to "nevol" & "accumulator"?).

Excellent work on the creation of the new forum. :wavemulticolor::wavemulticolor:

Pedro

Nevol

One of these days I'll change nancyc to Nevol over 'there'.  :winkextra:
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)