RE: Maccas Book Corrections

Started by Greg McDonald, October 21, 2013, 05:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ausjack

yes these really bright people that think they're getting stuff for free amazes me, ain't nothin free these days as there's always a hidden trap and has actually been getting worse in time with our throw away society. Free TV, is it really free, you have to buy your TV and then pay that power bill that you charge your phone and car and what ever else with and then complain about stuffing the planet so yeah it all makes sense to me, I swear 99% of the general population wouldn't have the amount of brain I had removed :blink: Don't get me wrong as tech is needed but do you really need all the stuff that comes with this tech or is it just another money grab, for an example take what the city slickers did to 4x4's, people in the bush want a 4x4 that doesn't have all leather upholstery or every bloody thing power or auto, like come on how the hell do you push start an auto and the list goes on so because the yuppies all wanted flash 4X4 it didn't take long for the fuel companies to double the price of diesel and another is gas, yeah they had heaps change to gas because it was so super cheap, and all at a small fee of a couple of grand..ok end rant for now :angel:

I carry mine for mainly sussing mintages and have found it quite useful and had others look at show and like PP said you can always ask the dealers as most have one.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

runway

Buy what gives you enjoyment

PNC king

is the book ever going to come out or have we seen the end of it ????????????????????????

ausjack

There were a lot of people asking about it at the brissie coin show.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

purplepennyhunter

Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

stevo1962

It\'s not about who you know it\'s about what you know

trout

Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Bigfellani5

http://www.newcastlecoins.com.au/index1.html?752.html&1

for those that missed it!

This is the latest on delivery date for the book. I got this in an email yesterday direct from Greg.

"I thought the book was finished.  I sent off the disc last week and waited for there pre-print proofs.  This morning the word came back that none of the pics are linked to the pages.  Over the past year I've up dated and digitally enhanced the pics... All 2,700 of them.  Even though the names have not been changed the computer still thinks each coin is a different file.  I now have to retrieve each pic and relink it.  This will take a few days.  Not a serious problem just time consuming.  I would suggest delivery will be around June 15.  I'm really sorry for the delay."

runway

Quote from: 'Bigfellani5' pid='73755' dateline='1433314258'http://www.newcastlecoins.com.au/index1.html?752.html&1

for those that missed it!

This is the latest on delivery date for the book. I got this in an email yesterday direct from Greg.

"I thought the book was finished.  I sent off the disc last week and waited for there pre-print proofs.  This morning the word came back that none of the pics are linked to the pages.  Over the past year I've up dated and digitally enhanced the pics... All 2,700 of them.  Even though the names have not been changed the computer still thinks each coin is a different file.  I now have to retrieve each pic and relink it.  This will take a few days.  Not a serious problem just time consuming.  I would suggest delivery will be around June 15.  I'm really sorry for the delay."
Thanks bigfella for updating us,I'm looking forward to Gregs new guide :wavemulticolor:
Buy what gives you enjoyment

trout

I picked up my new edition of Macka's yesterday.
Heaps more information in this one.:yahoo:
Thank you Greg, well worth the wait and I will enjoy reading all the articles in it when I am away on a job.
Top notch effort Mate :good:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Greg McDonald

Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='77461' dateline='1439175949'Just received my copy of the 22nd edition and looks good. I do like the new coin information articles at the front (although the tiny print doesn't much appeal). Still, I would rather have the information than bigger print and less information.
Quality of many of the photos does look better but some of the mintmark photos are still a bit "fuzzy".

And, it had to happen...page 213; picture of 2013 Coronation $2 is actually of the 2014 Remembrance $2.
"The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley"
Robert Burns To a Mouse

I have only had it half an hour but looks good to me. No problem with the prices as far as I am concerned.

Hi Jeff,

Corrected those errors already.  Thanks for picking them up.  Please let me know of any others.

Regards

Greg

Quote from: 'PNC king' pid='73722' dateline='1433262601'is the book ever going to come out or have we seen the end of it ????????????????????????

Hi PNC

Yes it is out.  Rushed it through - just for you.  Look forward to your usual balanced review

Cheers  Greg

PNC king

Quote from: 'Greg McDonald' pid='77734' dateline='1439519561'
Quote from: 'JeffH' pid='77461' dateline='1439175949'Just received my copy of the 22nd edition and looks good. I do like the new coin information articles at the front (although the tiny print doesn't much appeal). Still, I would rather have the information than bigger print and less information.
Quality of many of the photos does look better but some of the mintmark photos are still a bit "fuzzy".

And, it had to happen...page 213; picture of 2013 Coronation $2 is actually of the 2014 Remembrance $2.
"The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley"
Robert Burns To a Mouse

I have only had it half an hour but looks good to me. No problem with the prices as far as I am concerned.

Hi Jeff,

Corrected those errors already.  Thanks for picking them up.  Please let me know of any others.

Regards

Greg

Quote from: 'PNC king' pid='73722' dateline='1433262601'is the book ever going to come out or have we seen the end of it ????????????????????????

Hi PNC

Yes it is out.  Rushed it through - just for you.  Look forward to your usual balanced review

Cheers  Greg
book needs grades to be in SHELDON SCALE as there is a huge difference in price for top population coins in decimal and predecimal