Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wedding Set picture Thread 2002-2009

(13-12-2016, 06:34 PM)r9453 Wrote:
(13-12-2016, 05:06 PM)gabby Wrote: Have some saflips here will send some away and see what happens

I send my coins to an agent and he sends them to PCGS on my behalf. I looked into it and decided it was not worth the effort to send them to PCGS myself. That was my decision

That is the way I was thinking of doing it. I am not that confident about trying to pre grade them myself

I only have a rough idea about grades - been studying the discipline for three years so nowhere near expert status. The guy I send my coins to sends me a report with his anticipated results which has a variable success rate with no discernible bias one way or the other i.e. sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he over-grades and sometimes he under-grades. The main thing is he takes care of nearly all the hassles.
Two Bob coin collector.

Quote:The main thing is he takes care of nearly all the hassles.

As dealing with a TPG and trying to resolve any problems or to get any information is just as bad as dealing with a government agency like telecom or centerlink , This part of the service provided by a dealer is invaluable. Good
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

(14-12-2016, 10:41 AM)r9453 Wrote: The guy I send my coins to sends me a report with his anticipated results which has a variable success rate with no discernible bias one way or the other i.e. sometimes he gets it right, sometimes he over-grades and sometimes he under-grades. The main thing is he takes care of nearly all the hassles.

Mate can you (if you don't want to go public) PM me the name of where you send them to be done.

I have to start somewhere and your bloke sounds like the way to go

His name is Geoff Heidemann, he is a member here - Cockatoo Coins which is also the name of his business. There are other members of this forum who are also PCGS agents - Eric Eigner and Walter Eigner come to mind. I think there is a thread where we discussed this.
Two Bob coin collector.

(14-12-2016, 04:01 PM)r9453 Wrote: His name is Geoff Heidemann, he is a member here - Cockatoo Coins which is also the name of his business. There are other members of this forum who are also PCGS agents - Eric Eigner and Walter Eigner come to mind. I think there is a thread where we discussed this.

Thanks for the info. It is appreciated

Have already received information re the Eigners' as well

Bear in mind that PCGS haven't attributed and graded a Wedding set coin correctly Yet and after stuffing it up already hundreds of times I highly doubt that they will attribute these as SP now.Dash1
If you use PCGS you will end up with your coins in an MS slab instead of a SP one.Cray
NGC is the TPG to get these coins graded by, As they will attribute and grade your Wedding Set coins accurately and correctly Good
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

(14-12-2016, 08:38 PM)trout Wrote: Bear in mind that PCGS haven't attributed and graded a Wedding set coin correctly Yet
NGC is the TPG to get these coins graded by, As they will attribute and grade your Wedding Set coins accurately and correctly Good

I agree, if I were going to get my wedding sets graded I would not be sending them to PCGS.
Two Bob coin collector.

(15-12-2016, 03:06 AM)r9453 Wrote: I agree, if I were going to get my wedding sets graded I would not be sending them to PCGS.
I Agree NGC for Wedding Sets.
A Platypus is a duck designed by a committee ( anon)

looks like the ballot is in and finalised

NGC it isYahoo