Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Use Stamps and Get Caught

Hello,

AP staff have to cancel stamps, part of their job. They have been negligent in the performance of their duties. Start with them. I dont bother, but an uncancelled stamp is still fine to use IMO. I would not try to sneak through one that has though. It seems to me a bit like a price error in a supermarket, they set the price so they can take the loss.
A rolling Coin gathers no change. C Chris

Angel
I have recycled as well. Just too lazy to go get a stamp from the post office. Queue is too long as well.

Nothing wrong with it but in my experience I don't see them that often
It's not about who you know it's about what you know

AP is own worst enemy the system doesn't cancel stamps on parcels
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Hello,

AP will make more money when they get rid of stamps altogether. They started with printed stickers many years ago, and in time they will take over. They focus far too much on reducing cost, rather than increasing their business. A downhill spiral of sorts. Using contractors rather than their own staff was the beginning of this. Electronic communication has taken away some trade, but it has also given new opportunities.

(06-10-2015, 10:11 PM)runway Wrote: AP is own worst enemy the system doesn't cancel stamps on parcels

I'd have to agree with the general consensus if AP is too lazy to take basic measures which should be taken in their regular course of business then after that it is fair game. Do they reimburse those who buy postage stamps with the savings of not cancelling stamps? No so what entitles them to have their cake and eat it too? Overall poor corporate operations on the whole

Hello,

They are greedy in other ways. If you buy a stamp, you are paying for the infrastructure to deliver it. It is a stamp, and shouldn't have a price on it. Standard letter delivery is what should be there. When they deem a price rise is needed, why should you have to buy more stamps ? They are far too top heavy, I am still waiting for a parcel from Melbourne. Last one was 7 days, this one will be the same or longer. I have had overnight deliveries before from Melbourne so why so much longer ? It seems to be a ploy to make us pay more for the service we once had. My Postie and the staff at the local agency are great, the management of AP not so.

Australia Post staff are great
Australia Post system that doesn't cancel postage stamps must be costing them millions when people reuse them + most stamp dealers sell face value unused stamps for half price

pity that this is a public thread
makes us look like a bunch of whingers

Common knowledge on every public forum