$2 Bright Ideas Circulating coin

Started by jens coins, October 03, 2026, 06:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jens coins

NewsXpress are doing another coin launch with the RAM.
A $2 Bright Ideas Circulating coin will be available thru the till from Thursday 8th October 2026.
Also some $1 NCLT coins in a folder will be released as well.

https://www.ramint.gov.au/about-us/whats-new/bright-ideas-design-1-reveal

Tanecoins

They will design a coin on anything now!  ;D

Still the worst I remember was a $1 coin from 2022 or 2023 showing a dinosaur with the name "Australialovenator"  ::)  :P  as it sounded like an automatic s@# machine made in Australia. I mean that is some made up a$$ names.  :o

Generally I am glad the coin mania has cooled a bit, the Mr Squiggles, Mr Wiggles, Mr Diggle and Mr Infantile designs were getting a bit much.

I was actually going to suggest a coin with bubblegum on it as I love the term "Bubblegum coins" and it turns out on of the Alphabet dollars (2019 I think) showed a Zooperdooper or some Australian bubblegum on it.

And yes I know I live in a country that can't even provide a coin from the 3rd decade of the 21st century let alone any bubblegum ones showing a theme like 1881 - NZ invents the lamington.
Collecting beautiful silver coins and loving Numismatics!

jens coins

Sorry Tanescoins but Australia already had the Lamington coin in the Alphabet series, so we must of invented them!

Triggersmob

Now I need the popcorn munching emoji.
Steve

OFEC count = 258