New $2 Armistice circulating coin

Started by jens coins, October 30, 2018, 09:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rollycoins

If anyone is heading to the swaps today and am able to get me 3 little baggies of the $2 armistice coins, I would be greatly appreciative! Please let me know if you can and how much it will be. Thank you in advance! I'm also after 2 of the m counterstamp rascals and ratbags dollars if anyone has access to those too!

seedyrom

Well this is all going to hell in a hand basket.

I didn't pay attention so missed any of this Armistice special until my RAMint email.

Wanted the 3 coin proof and the carded $2 for $15.
Website said none available. Right, on to the phones. That's usually a fail safe as they seem to keep some aside.
After a long time on hold, nope sold out. "We only got a small allocation ".
WTF? Aren't you the mint? i.e. You ARE the allocators.

Downies at Town Hall (Sydney) didn't pick up my call. M. R. Roberts did. They were sold out of the $2 individual coin, but could sell me the 3 coin proof set. Done.

I then went to a walk to Downies to see what they could do.
Nope. Sold out of the carded $2 coin, but were able to sell me a mint roll of them.



I thought for sure a mintage of 40,000 would mean those carded coins are flowing out into the streets. Obviously I was wrong.


Oh, and shame on the location of Parramatta for the pop up shop.
Actually, had I have paid attention and known it was there, I would have made the trip ... but it is still way more inconvenient than the city.
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

Noelos237

Happened to me last month with the AC/DC coins, it would be helpful if some allocation figures could be made available to the public. Also I didn't rely on any form of notification from the mint as I knew it would be too late if I wanted to secure some coins. That also needs to change.
Noel

Hercules

The mint had plenty of carded coins at today's pop-up.

brismike

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='117244' dateline='1541052428'The mint had plenty of carded coins at today's pop-up.

Yes I managed to get one of the C mintmarked carded ones at the Brisbane popup as well as a 2019 proof set and a 2019 mint set.

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

redlock

Perhaps I need new glasses. But I just can't find the $2 Armisitce coin in any of the seven coin determinations of 2018 :huh:

seedyrom

The guy at Downies said they'll have more of the carded coins later ... but on that small plastic card (credit card sized) for $12
There\'s no such thing as too much Borobi!

brismike

Quote from: 'seedyrom' pid='117249' dateline='1541057652'The guy at Downies said they'll have more of the carded coins later ... but on that small plastic card (credit card sized) for $12

But they won't be the 'C' Mintmarked ones ... they will just be the ones issued to circulation that they will probably get out of a roll.

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

Hercules

If there's a shortage of rolls in future, we'll know why. Fancy charging $12 for one coin that you can get in a bag of five for just $10 in total! If I'm to pay that amount of money, I expect to get the mintmarked version.

Mister T

I got myself two bags in Brisbane today - the line was shorter than last time but it was a confusing system where one queue was for the new $2 coins and the other queue was for everything else (and neither queue was sign-posted).

runway

Downies are doing credit card style coins for these and older issues now,packaging is nice but as usual price very steep
Buy what gives you enjoyment

brismike

Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='117261' dateline='1541067924'I got myself two bags in Brisbane today - the line was shorter than last time but it was a confusing system where one queue was for the new $2 coins and the other queue was for everything else (and neither queue was sign-posted).

For future noting ... the longer of the two queues is always for the Coin Swap coins. The shorter Queue is always for the expensive carded stuff.

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

Mister T

Yeah I'll remember that for next time - the previous ones I went to a had a single queue and I just assumed that they streamlined things with multiple queues.

Hercules

Quote from: 'Mister T' pid='117366' dateline='1541502318'Yeah I'll remember that for next time - the previous ones I went to a had a single queue and I just assumed that they streamlined things with multiple queues.

They do streamline it, but only for people who are buying coins instead of swapping them. :winkextra: