Jody Clark Effigy From 2019

Started by purplepennyhunter, April 22, 2018, 07:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

purplepennyhunter

Today's newspaper announces that we'll be seeing the Jody Clark effigy on our coins from next year.
Co-Founder Australian Coin Forum

Mister T

Yeah someone told me today - online at http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/australian-coins-to-get-an-updated-queen/news-story/0cc0636bbc59f5c447ca4365005b1181

Seems a little late (and odd to announce it on a Sunday too I would have thought).
Anyway, let's see if we do get two portraits next year or not.

Mister T

Oh right, yesterday was the Queen's real birthday - that might explain it.

Hercules

Interesting... the one that was announced seems to be a different version of the Jody Clark portrait, which has a necklace (he was told to remove it from the UK portrait).

Hercules

             United Kingdom                            Australia
[img=475x472]https://www.australian-coins.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/new-effigy-one-pound.jpg[/img][img=483x483]http://www.mygc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/New-coin-1.jpg[/img]

Triggersmob

Steve

OFEC count = 258

Pedro

[quote="Triggersmob" pid='114980' dateline='1524433997']
I prefer the U.K. design.
[/quote]

Yes, I think so too. Looks like Lizzie is just about to give a piece of her mind to Charles in the Aussie version - something about the eyes.

Pedro

kchan1111

The head is facing to the right, but from the neck down she is facing forward. Make it look a little odd.

The hair at the back between the two are very different? Plus she seems to be smiling more in the UK version.

Hercules

I actually prefer the Australian one, but I do wonder how it's going to fit on the 5c and $2 coins and still be visible with the naked eye. I think the UK version looks much too similar to the one by IRB, so adding the necklace helps to differentiate them. I don't have a problem with the bottom half of the portrait facing forward and the top half facing left. I turn my head to the left all the time, and I'd be very surprised if anyone thought that was odd. As for giving Charles advice, if she's anything like my Mum, she's probably been doing that for her entire life, so no surprises there. It will be interesting to see how these coins look next to the ones bearing the first King Charles portrait. :mocking:

kchan1111

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='114984' dateline='1524444970'I actually prefer the Australian one, but I do wonder how it's going to fit on the 5c and $2 coins and still be visible with the naked eye. I think the UK version looks much too similar to the one by IRB, so adding the necklace helps to differentiate them. I don't have a problem with the bottom half of the portrait facing forward and the top half facing left. I turn my head to the left all the time, and I'd be very surprised if anyone thought that was odd. As for giving Charles advice, if she's anything like my Mum, she's probably been doing that for her entire life, so no surprises there. It will be interesting to see how these coins look next to the ones bearing the first King Charles portrait. :mocking:

I do like the hair better in the Australian version. 

May be there should be a nipple so we can tell if it is proof or business strike like the Melbourne centenary florin. :mocking:

Triggersmob

I think if they go for the Aussie version then they need to strengthen the
neckline on the Queen's dress. A little bit of die wear and she will look naked.
I think there was a similar problem on early NZ coins. That's why there is
"strap" and "strapless" versions available. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Hercules

Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='114985' dateline='1524472297'May be there should be a nipple so we can tell if it is proof or business strike like the Melbourne centenary florin. :mocking:

Easy... just get GOLDOC to design it. After all, they were the ones who brought us the bare bum during the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony.


trout

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='114984' dateline='1524444970'. It will be interesting to see how these coins look next to the ones bearing the first King Charles portrait. :mocking:

We may need bigger coins for the King Charles portrait, Otherwise how on earth are we going to fit those bloody ears on it  :tease:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Mister T

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='114978' dateline='1524395228'             United Kingdom                            Australia
[img=475x472]https://www.australian-coins.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/new-effigy-one-pound.jpg[/img][img=483x483]http://www.mygc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/New-coin-1.jpg[/img]


Geez I thought the British one was a step backwards but that's a shocker. These portraits used to be quality...