How are all the noodlers going?

Started by Ozcoins, December 04, 2017, 05:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mister T

And another couple of 2021 donation dollars, as well a 2014 Netherlands 2 euro.

Mister T

From a family member's sack of coins - a 1990 US penny, a 1972 New Zealand 10c, a 2014 New Zealand $2, a 2004 big head 20c and two US $5 notes (one Series 2013 an done Series 2017A). I think someone had paid them for something with United States currency for some reason.

Also, a 2000 New Zealand 10c from another family member's change.

gnome61

Not so much in the noodling anymore but this one turned up in change recently.
I usually just glance at the loose change now days, but this one felt different. 


Mister T


gnome61

Thanks, :) silver content as well. First win in awhile.

Mister T

Still getting plenty of 2021 donation dollars.

Mister T

Pretty well after a while: 2001 Queensland 50c, 2008 New Zealand 20c, 4 x 2015 Cook Islands 10c, 2015 Cook Islands 50c, 2015 Cook Islands $2, 2015 Cook Islands $5, 4 x 2021 donation dollar, 2022 Nullarbor dollar, 3 x 2023 King Charles dollar.

fred lever

Its interesting what turns up.
I got my usual lot of cash coin from the bank, $2 and 20c pieces.
Quickly flicked through them looking for miss strikes etc.
Nothing much in the $2 but in the 20 cent two brilliant "AUNC" old dates a 1994 and 2011 "international women".
The rest of the 20c were all dates from 1966 to 2022 grading from shiny to road kill.
How could a 1994 coin, let alone a 2011 survive in that condition?
Always amazes me. Must have been put aside somewhere and finally cashed in.

By the way the bank branch, the Commonwealth at Seven Hills Sydney had signs up, CLOSING DOWN.
Moving to different location in the shopping complex, which just happens to be the current St George/ Westpac (or similar) branch.
Oh Yeh. Do we see here an amalgamation of all brands in one location?

Fred.

gweidion

At least they aren't shutting up shop entirely. In the last 5 years we have had our local Suncorp, NAB, ANZ, Westpac, Heritage, CUA and one of two Commonwealth banks all shut up shop. I think there was another one I can't remember as well.
All we have left now is the last Commonwealth bank, a Bank of Queensland and a Bendigo Community bank.

Triggersmob

Found out recently that all the Bankwest branches are closing. Shouldn't worry me too much,
as I very rarely visit a store anyway. I had to go deposit a cheque recently and that was the
first time in years.
Steve

OFEC count = 258

gweidion

I banked a cheque a few months back. Aren't they getting dumped this year?
I had to transfer some money from one bank to another and they (Commonwealth bank) made me pay $30 for an international money transfer even though it was to Scumcorp here in Queensland. Afterwards they said I could have had a bank cheque for free. Mongrels.

Triggersmob

Mine was a refund from RACWA. I received a letter first saying it was coming and I could ring up and change the method of payment. So I rang them and asked them to make it a direct deposit payment and the cheque still arrived anyway.  :dash1:
Steve

OFEC count = 258

gweidion

I had to call Foxtel to get a refund for my mother's account after she died. They kept sending statements saying she was owed $54. Early February I asked them to pay it to her estate. The guy said they would send a cheque. I wasn't interested in arguing at that point. Three weeks later, no cheque. I ring back, oh that was paid into the account it came from on the 2nd of February, which was BEFORE I had rung chasing it up. I said which account. They couldn't tell me. I said you mean the account that was frozen because my mother died. They said it hasn't been returned. Luckily it had been transferred in just before the account was wound up into one estate account but I had to get a bank statement to track it.
Nearly as hopeless as Telecom.

Mister T

It's been a while but I got $600 or so of change from a family member and it paid dividends:
1 x 2002 NZ $1, 2 x 2010 NZ 1$, 1 x 1991 NZ $2, 1994 Fiji 50c, 1969 5c, 1970 10c, 1982 10c, 1987 10c, 1976 20c, 1980 20c and 1987 20c from New Zealand, 4 x 10c, 1 x 50c, 1 x $2 and 1 x $5 from the Cook Islands (all dated 2015), a 2016 anniversary $2, a 2019 U $1, a 2001 NSW 20c, a 2001 SA 20c, a 2004 big head 20c, a 2006 NZ 50c, a 2009 UK 10p and a 2008 NZ 20c.

Basilstate

Good one Mr.T,i got a couple hundred $ of $1 coins a couple of weeks ago from the CTB,Teller said there are big changes afoot with non-Business accounts customers.Time will tell.