Multiple errors dragon dollar silver coin

Started by Thecollectible, March 25, 2017, 06:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Thecollectible

Please check it out on the scans below and let me knows of what you think later there

The other scans

ausjack

I don't know much about asian coins sorry but I do like the die cracks and looks like there might be a die clash on the reverse side to the dragon.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Triggersmob

There is a lot of fakes of these coins on the market. They sell them to tourists.
This is probably one of them, but I'm no expert. How much does it weigh?

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces17762.html

Here is a folder full of these types coins that I just happen to have sitting on my desk.

Steve

OFEC count = 258

Thecollectible

These is authentic to be honest with you as myself is expert for identifying whether it is genuine or not but you choose to believe is up to you

Triggersmob

Quote from: 'Thecollectible' pid='107111' dateline='1490513714'These is authentic to be honest with you as myself is expert for identifying whether it is genuine or not but you choose to believe is up to you

Like I said, I'm no expert, but if you are, then that is OK. :)
Steve

OFEC count = 258

Thecollectible

The coin weight is about twinty six point six grams while for fake pieces are having the same weight similary to those real pieces that cannot depend on weight anymore

robbiegal

Yes they do require expertise
I have been caught out with these coins so I no longer dabble with them

Thecollectible

Please do beware for these fake chinese silver coins which are having of same diameter thickness and weight exactly the same to those real coins from china there

Thecollectible

These silver coin is counterfeit with crack lines after realise something to be honest

Thecollectible

Please stay away from the ancient chinese silver coins except that you are consider expert to identify there

Thecollectible