2017 Legends of ANZAC Coins

Started by kchan1111, March 18, 2017, 03:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

runway

These eBay w***** should be reported because they firstly don't have the items and secondly are ripping off people who collect coins but aren't up to speed
Buy what gives you enjoyment

Triggersmob

They have changed the way this works in W.A. this year. Previously we just had to collect passwords
and then go buy the coin (still had to buy the Sunday Times though). Now we have to buy a paper
every day and then buy the coin (I think that's what you eastern staters had to do anyway). Don't know
if I can be bothered with that this year. I'm off now to at least get the free one though. :)
Steve

OFEC count = 258

brismike

I never bought any papers, just scrounged around at work and coffee shops etc and tore them off papers I found there. Then took them to my friendly newsagent who looked after me.

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

kchan1111

My local newsagent lets me buy the coins on the day without the tokens. I go to work and steal the tokens from work's papers then bring them in the next day. Unfortunately he's retired now so not sure what I am going to do.

I might just join a subscription for a short time and then buy the set outright, then cancel it.

trout

I have all the 2015 and 2016 coins But I haven't put any of them in my decimal albums simply because I don't consider them a worthy addition to the 20c set and the 25c coins are definitely not worthy of a 2x2 as far as I am concerned.
Even though these coins have a denomination on them and I suppose you could spend them if you wanted to (good luck with the 25c coins) they are still just Tokens as far as I am concerned, I don't even consider them as NCLT as the strike, designs and quality of these isn't that "Flash".
These 2017 issues are just the same and I May grab a set as a "Curiosity" when the dust settles and I can get them at a reasonable cost without paying the ridicules eBay prices at the onset :ok:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Triggersmob

Steve

OFEC count = 258

kchan1111


runway

This eBay member from Melbourne claims he has the set now. $88
Fraudulent listing in my opinion and the seller isn't very nice in question response
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272597320929?ul_noapp=true
Buy what gives you enjoyment

kchan1111

Quote from: 'runway' pid='107127' dateline='1490528631'This eBay member from Melbourne claims he has the set now. $88
Fraudulent listing in my opinion and the seller isn't very nice in question response
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272597320929?ul_noapp=true

Could it be he has a newspaper subscription and bought the whole set outright?

Quick....

Enlilninlil

Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='107139' dateline='1490585721'
Quote from: 'runway' pid='107127' dateline='1490528631'This eBay member from Melbourne claims he has the set now. $88
Fraudulent listing in my opinion and the seller isn't very nice in question response
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/272597320929?ul_noapp=true

Could it be he has a newspaper subscription and bought the whole set outright?

Quick....

Thwy would have a lot of newspapers then, so I doubt it.

brismike

I'm going to sign up for a Digital Subscription to the Courier Mail. They have an introductory offer of $1 for the first 28 days. Then it is $24 for each 4 weeks after that. You can unsubscribe anytime with 7 days notice.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?int_medium=internal-referral&int_source=internal-link&int_campaign=acq_singlepagecheckout&int_content=link&sourceCode=CMWEB_ONS950&nr=true

If you are a subscriber you can then take advantage of the Rewards Program where you can get the full set of coins (All 14 of them plus the album) for $39 post free.
https://discoverthestories.com.au/couriermail/rewards.html

Might sign the Missus up too lol.

And the dog, and the cat hahaha.

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

kchan1111

Yeah I thought about do that as well. But wasn't sure the minimum sign up period. Sounds perfect if you can cancel within 7 days. Let me know if they works for you brismike.

brismike

Well I'll sign up on about the 7th of April, get my subscription confirmed. Then order the set of coins on the 10th of April from the "Plus Rewards" program. Should take them about 10 to 14 days to deliver I figure. Then cancel the subscription on 28th of April. That is 7 days before before the next subscription payment would be due and should be after the coins have been delivered. As far as I can see, and I have read all the terms and conditions, there is no minimum sign up period. I also get to read the Courier Mail while I am subscribed. :)

Mike
Australian Decimal, UK Decimal, USA & Euro Coins are what I collect.

jens coins

In previous years we have subscribed but they don't send the coins out until the end of the promotion.
You have to wait until you receive the coins before you cancel your subscription. Sometimes you have to pay an extra couple of days membership. You cancel the same day you receive the coins.
You can only have 1 subscription per email / credit card.

runway

Quote from: 'jens coins' pid='107158' dateline='1490605680'In previous years we have subscribed but they don't send the coins out until the end of the promotion.
You have to wait until you receive the coins before you cancel your subscription. Sometimes you have to pay an extra couple of days membership. You cancel the same day you receive the coins.
You can only have 1 subscription per email / credit card.

Exactly right jens coins :wavemulticolor:
Buy what gives you enjoyment