New $10 note

Started by kchan1111, February 17, 2017, 10:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


ausjack

Yet again more bacteria on the new notes :blink: :laugh2:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

gabby

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='105411' dateline='1487295721'Yet again more bacteria on the new notes :blink: :laugh2:

I'll bet the rest of them are the same on release as well AJ:dodgy:

ausjack

I'm thinking you might be right gabby :dash1:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

interest

I bet these are the result of a focus group

Pedro

Quote from: 'interest' pid='105416' dateline='1487300104'I bet these are the result of a focus group

Somewhere along the line they lost focus then. :blink:

Pedro

kchan1111

Thought it looks OK. The $5 note definitely was better in hand.

I predict all the people trashing it now will go nuts in September chasing after first and last prefixes.

Hercules

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='105411' dateline='1487295721'Yet again more bacteria on the new notes :blink: :laugh2:

How is that any different to the current generation of banknotes? After passing through thousands of hands, do you really expect them to be sterile?

Interestingly, they're using a 9x5 sheet layout, which means that the last prefix will be EA. :winkextra:

ausjack

Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='105419' dateline='1487302577'I predict all the people trashing it now will go nuts in September chasing after first and last prefixes.

:dodgy: well I'm still not fussed with the $5 and haven't chased them so I can't see where I'll chase after any of the others so would you like to place a bet on that statement...I know I'm not really classed as peoples but I doubt I'll be the only one that doesn't "go nuts" over them :angel:

Besides the notes have dropped off so much over the last few years it's not fuuny, just look at a VG95 $50 now compared to a few years ago, yes there are still the odd one that will "go nuts" but not as many as there used to be. Old paper notes seem to be doing better than the plastic.

Quote from: 'Hercules' pid='105421' dateline='1487303871'
Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='105411' dateline='1487295721'Yet again more bacteria on the new notes :blink: :laugh2:

How is that any different to the current generation of banknotes? After passing through thousands of hands, do you really expect them to be sterile?



:dodgy: you know what I meant Herc :acute: If you washed your hands all these notes wouldn't be so festy :mocking: Sorry I wanna be good :angel:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.


Hercules

Quote from: 'Pedro' pid='105417' dateline='1487300458'
Quote from: 'interest' pid='105416' dateline='1487300104'I bet these are the result of a focus group

Somewhere along the line they lost focus then. :blink:

Pedro

You're dead right. It's called emerystudio, and you can learn more about them by visiting their website: http://emerystudio.com.au.

Source: http://www.banknotes.rba.gov.au/banknote-features/#-new-ten

kchan1111

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='105424' dateline='1487313494':dodgy: well I'm still not fussed with the $5 and haven't chased them so I can't see where I'll chase after any of the others so would you like to place a bet on that statement...I know I'm not really classed as peoples but I doubt I'll be the only one that doesn't "go nuts" over them :angel:

I would never bet against you aj. :)

trout

Ho Hum another new banknote is born.
I was really struggling trying to get excited about the new fiver and this new $10 offering is even less exciting.
Now if we were to have a brand new Non Commemorative design introduced for one of our circulating coins then that would be an entirely different kettle of fish :angel:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

ausjack

Quote from: 'kchan1111' pid='105431' dateline='1487323820'
Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='105424' dateline='1487313494':dodgy: well I'm still not fussed with the $5 and haven't chased them so I can't see where I'll chase after any of the others so would you like to place a bet on that statement...I know I'm not really classed as peoples but I doubt I'll be the only one that doesn't "go nuts" over them :angel:

I would never bet against you aj. :)

Come on mate it's probably the only bet I might have a slight chance of winning :laugh2:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Hercules

Quote from: 'trout' pid='105432' dateline='1487324486'Ho Hum another new banknote is born.
I was really struggling trying to get excited about the new fiver and this new $10 offering is even less exciting.

I think it is exciting, because of all the brand new security features. :D

Quote from: 'trout' pid='105432' dateline='1487324486'Now if we were to have a brand new Non Commemorative design introduced for one of our circulating coins then that would be an entirely different kettle of fish :angel:

What do you have in mind? The $2's the only one I really get sick of, but I doubt we could change that without upsetting the indigenous community. Thus, I think you'll have to wait for the $5 note to become a coin. ;)