2008 5¢ Die Clash

Started by Fulvio, September 02, 2016, 04:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ausjack

Yes your overlay was very dodgy :P So by rights you should do three so one for each of the different effigy's, 1966-1984, 1985-1998, 1999-current :ok:

You know I take NO responsibility for my actions but you should know better :mocking:

Actually that would be very handy if you did do one for each effigy to show where die clash can occur :good:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Fulvio

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='96836' dateline='1472881497'Actually that would be very handy if you did do one for each effigy to show where die clash can occur :good:

Don't think I haven't considered it. But that's a LOT of images, you realise? Every denomination in three effigies, plus the commemoratives. :(
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

ausjack

Yes it is so how about just one's for the common 5 cents to start so that's only three, or six images you have to overlay :) I'd do it but I wouldn't know where to start :(
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Fulvio

Quote from: 'ausjack' pid='96846' dateline='1472882344'I'd do it but I wouldn't know where to start :(

Maybe I should teach you. :)

Start with images of both sides exactly the same size.
Make duplicate copies to play with.
Open them up in Photoshop.
Flip the one that caused the clash.
Select all and copy.
Paste it into a new layer on the other one.
Set transparency on the layer to 50%.
Rotate the image until it lines up with the marks on the other side.

That's it. Save a copy as a JPG which will flatten it, and keep the PSD file in case you need to fiddle with it some more.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW

ausjack

It might be easier if you teach you how to work with burls :)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

ausjack

I tried and I tried and I tried but I can't do it :cray: I have worked out how to flip one of the image but I'll try again later as it's really annoying me.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Unicorn

Great photos of the clashes AJ! :good:

ausjack

Thank Uni, gee I wish I could work out how to overlay them, one day :)
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.