Predecimal Errors

Started by gnome, September 12, 2012, 08:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

gnome


Unicorn

No worries Gnome.

They were a bit rushed so here's a set that's been done a little better including the obverse reversed.

You can also see the clash of the bottom of the King's chin and the top of his robe on the lower right of the shield.






ausjack

Next time I'm down your way you'll have to show me how to do the overlay thing Uni..please :beg:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

Unicorn

No worries AJ! :friends:
It was McDuck's post of yesterday about doing it in Photoshop that made me try it in Photostudio with Gnome's error. (I don't have Photoshop). Glad I did, pretty easy once you do it once.

ausjack

Cool, thanks mate :friends: I'll have to try this photoshop as I was trying using paint and I could flip the pic's but haven't quite worked out the overlaying them :daqsh1:

oop's photostudio.
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

gnome

My bad, wrong thread.
Just a couple of upgrades, been chasing this one for awhile now. 1939 1d bar variety.

1941 y with the high dot.


A couple of 1942 missing I pennies


Goldseeker

Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


gnome

1939 penny Variety, the bar is beside the last A in AUSTRALIA, goldy :)

ausjack


what's the funny mark on the paw G and is there something going on down around the p in penny?
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

gnome

cant see anything on the coin itself , AJ, can barely see the paw one as well, so may be the enlargement and shadowing maybe.

ausjack

Could be anything mate :good:
A wise person knows there is something to learn from everyone.

echidna

Quote from: 'gnome' pid='97617' dateline='1473547664'My bad, wrong thread.
Just a couple of upgrades, been chasing this one for awhile now. 1939 1d bar variety.

1941 y with the high dot.


A couple of 1942 missing I pennies



Some nice varieties Gnome.
The 41 high dot is hard to find.

gnome

Thanks ,the 41 is actually a pretty spectacular looking coin, that pic doesn't do it justice

trout

Looks like the Canberra Obverse die Clash can be added as a pre decimal error with at least 5 known so far :ok:


Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

gnome