Anzac Coin Collection released by News Corp Australia

Started by purplepennyhunter, March 23, 2015, 05:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Goldseeker

If any person requires additional sets of the 14 x 20c coins and folders ONLY, my daughter can secure another batch of 20 at cost plus postage.

Please PM me if you require any.

If you PM me, consider please consider it as a definite order.

You will be advised if successful in securing your requirement by PM and also costs, postage etc.

This offer closes midday, Friday, 24 Apr 2015.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia


jens coins


Cougar



runway

Quote from: 'msdcairns' pid='71030' dateline='1429598246'Hi all - got my set today but the final coin is in the wrong way -at least i can see that it is a 2015 coin . . . .  - what to do?!


Rip it open it may be a double header?:wavemulticolor:
Buy what gives you enjoyment

kchan1111

I got my set in the mail today. It has the red $1 coin.

Cougar

Is it a different folder than the ones we have seen here etc. or is it s different one to accommodate the $1 coin? Where does the $1 coin go?

Australian coin

it is a completely different folder, it has a slot for war hero's

kchan1111

Quote from: 'Cougar' pid='71198' dateline='1429854222'Is it a different folder than the ones we have seen here etc. or is it s different one to accommodate the $1 coin? Where does the $1 coin go?

The folder I got has 15 slots in total (5 x 3 on each page), with a grey one for "War Heroes" intended for the $1 red poppy coin.



Learnt something new today - the familiar brassy trumpet tune is called "The Last Post"

Cougar

Thankyou for the photo. I look forward to receiving mine soon hopefully.

PNC king

Quote from: 'Cougar' pid='71270' dateline='1429938105'Thankyou for the photo. I look forward to receiving mine soon hopefully.
looks good

5 rubles

There was some mention before that this is another scam by news corp, I have that feeling right now. went to the newsagent today and was told that the coins ended on friday!!! I have one slot left, only received 13 from  news agents. I am just wee bit pi**ed off right now.
why did I ever start buying them in the first place?

And off course no red $2 coins available from newsagents. I will never ever buy anything from News Corp ever again.

MattGold

Quote from: '5 rubles' pid='71285' dateline='1429953050'There was some mention before that this is another scam by news corp, I have that feeling right now. went to the newsagent today and was told that the coins ended on friday!!! I have one slot left, only received 13 from  news agents. I am just wee bit pi**ed off right now.
why did I ever start buying them in the first place?

And off course no red $2 coins available from newsagents. I will never ever buy anything from News Corp ever again.

You'd be doin well to find the red $2 coins at your local newsagent this early..
Maybe you missed a coin along the way, hit up a different newsagent for the one you are missing

trout

You Blokes have missed the point, It is the red $1 coin that is needed to complete this set NOT the $2 coin:ok:
Aim well to enjoy life. You only get One shot at it.
Illegitimi non carborundum

Goldseeker

Quote from: '5 rubles' pid='71285' dateline='1429953050'There was some mention before that this is another scam by news corp, I have that feeling right now. went to the newsagent today and was told that the coins ended on friday!!! I have one slot left, only received 13 from  news agents. I am just wee bit pi**ed off right now.
why did I ever start buying them in the first place?

And off course no red $2 coins available from newsagents. I will never ever buy anything from News Corp ever again.

What One are you missing?

I went to the Dawn Service this morning in Melbourne and just by accident, and through general chit chat, the lady alongside me strated that she worked on the packaging of these coins over the passed several weeks.

All the coins were hand placed into a capsule then the capsule was then placed in a hole of the holder.   This was then placed into a press where the bottom/back of the cards were glued and pressed together.

The boxes were then packed with 20 folders and 20 carded coins until all the coins and folders were packed.   (The boxes were packed as per the printing on the outside of the box which was made and printed in CHINA.

The total number of $1 coins for this issue is 13,500 for the whole of Australia to which, 2,000 coins have been allocated to Victoria.   The distribution of the $1 coins to each state was made in conjunction with how many home deliveries were made by each state.   Victoria got the most of the $1 issues.

Now, I have put up here as to what was told to me and I feel sure that this lady was genuine.   She also admitted that several ladies deliberately reversed the coins in some folders.   IE Obverse is visible rather than the Reverse.

That is the info I received today so if anyone else has more info that is different from what I have stated, THEN SAY IT.
Message rec\'d from Jens Coins 18 Jul 23: 
Bruce Mansfield passed away today 18 Jul 2023 – Acute Myeloid Leukemia