Quality of 2x2

Started by mkonst, January 27, 2015, 01:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fulvio

Quote from: 'robbiegal' pid='67420' dateline='1424570014'yeah guys I know all that
not s sure about a calico bag fulvio - I think that would sort of defeat the purpose of having the album in the first place

Not at all. My albums are stored vertical (yes, they do put pressure on the top ring), and each has a bag over it. Keeps everything secure. Lay the album flat, open the front cover, flip the bag up, voila! Never lost a patient yet... ;)

Quote from: 'Goldseeker' pid='67466' dateline='1424610138'Futher, does anyone use silica gel to absorb moisture if albums are stored in cupboard etc?

You would need a ton of the stuff in a cupboard.

However, I was discussing with AJ an idea I saw, where they pack bulk food, such as rice, flour, etc in sacks inside sealed barrels, throwing in some of those rust-filled oxygen absorber satchels.

That would work for coins if you had a suitable sealed container to put the albums in.

Oh, and do be aware that while Silica Gel is safe, the moisture indicators which may be added are not.
http://fulvio55.altervista.org/ - Decimal Mintages and Polymer Notes PDFs
Doge: DG8r9JJnWCHVvd1iG4BJeJMj5g1reYTnSc - BTC: 1FFnNxMDNCnQEjHrh9EhnHZoDMjkbf1seW